Celiac Disease and Food Suggestions

I am new to MyFitnessPal, and so far it is easy to use, and I am keeping track of what I am eating. I have a long way to go to lose weight. I want to lose about 100 pounds.

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease, so I have to be very careful what I eat and some of the gluten-free products have high carb content. I have only been doing it three days now, and have done pretty well keeping my numbers right where they should be.

I am asking those who have Celiac Disease or are familiar with it, what food ideas do you have. I know fruits/vegetables are always good for the Celiac person. Eggs for breakfast are also good. Chex cereal for breakfast is also good, but high in carbs. Any suggestions for lunch (other than salad). Also suggestions for dinner or snacks. I will take any suggestions from those who are experts regarding Celiac Disease (especially since my 17-year old daughter also has Celiac Disease).

I am very excited to see where this journey on MyFitnessPal takes me, and I appreciate any help. :happy:

Replies

• Have you tried Bob's Red Mill Gluten free products? I made some delicious pizza dough, and dark bread today. I also find the magazine Clean Eating, although not primarily gluten free, helping in keeping me away from processed foods--where so much sneaky gluten lies. It's a fun adventure!
  • SunflowerSharon
    SunflowerSharon Posts: 4 Member
    Yes, I use many Bob's Red Mill gluten-free products. My daughter and I love the pizza crust, but it does have lots of carbs per slice of pizza (but SO worth it). The gluten-free brownies are good, too.

Any other help is appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestions. Good luck to you :smile: