Girl time of the month

Options
Anyone else find that even if they eating at their calorie goals for the week during their period they will not lose weight or will have gained a few pounds?

Replies

• fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    yup, everytime. figures though really, our body is carrying extra fluids.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. It's mostly water retention and bloating, though, I think. I've noticed it will appear as if I haven't lost anything the week of, and then after it's over and I "deflate," I've lost the amount of weight I thought I would.
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    yes...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    10! I gain 10 freakin' pounds! it's enough to drive me nuts...I only weigh myself once a month, but for some reason when I'm hormonal and needy, i weight myself, and then it takes me a day or two to figure out why I gained 10lbs!!!! And then the depression and self loathing lifts lol
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Anyone else find that even if they eating at their calorie goals for the week during their period they will not lose weight or will have gained a few pounds?

Yes it's normal. Don't worry, it's not fat, just water.
  • tina219
    tina219 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know that I gain weight during my time of the month, so I don't even bother weighing until it's over. I still track my food and exercise though. I don't want to use it as a license to eat what I want and not exercise. Actually, I feel a little better/ not as hormonal if I take time to exercise. Also, I think if we try to drink a little more, we may not retain as much water.
  • risaroo34
    Options
    i weighed myself yesterday and then weighed today and gained three pounds. I am supposed to start tommarrow. Discouraging but Im gonna keep excersing and eating right and hopeful when the dust settles Ill see the effort on the scale post PMS
    02140214 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Better we not weigh ourselves during "that" time of the month". It will only depress you. Just keep up the good work, and weigh in next week!:heart:
  • dolphingrl2481
    dolphingrl2481 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yes. im having the same prob. i have been under my calories the last few days but my weight is going up and down a few pounds. it drives me nuts.
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    yes. And it sucks!
  • ericapage
    ericapage Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hope that's the reason! I did great all week and when I weighed today I was the same. My "friend" came to visit yesterday so I'm hoping that is the reason for the stall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be down several pounds next Friday!
  • Bitterbeauty
    Bitterbeauty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is just water weight. Sucks.

You can fight the water retention however. I used to drink less water around the time of my period and working out harder to sweat out the excess water weight. Also they have wraps you can buy (the ones that go around your stomach) that are insulated and help you lose your water weight. They are also helpful if you have bad cramps since it is putting pressure around your middle.

Here is a article that tells you how to lessen water retention:
    http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/817003/Foods-that-fight-water-retention
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    Yes! Every month I gain about 5 pounds of water weight. I was awesome and decided to start up the official diet and MFP the day Mother Nature blew into town. Just another day and I'll be back to normal.

But it's definitely Mother Nature throwing the scale off. No fretting about no pounds lost during those few days. Water weight goes away!
  • dharakrat
    Options
    Drives me crazy but glad I am not the only one! Happy Monday All!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was due yesterday/today and Monday's are my weigh-on day. I refuse to get on the scales because I know I will have gained and it'll make me feel crap, despite knowing that it's not fat and if I were a bloke I wouldn't have gained. Lol.

I don't change my routine though, I still eat and exercise the same as any other week.
  • pompeyqueen
    Options
    Yep and I feel yucky and achy too, suppose to do PT tonight but the motivation is not happening just going to force myself, I will feel better for doing it I guess :(
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    Yup, about 5 lbs gained every time. I still weigh myself but know not to freak out. I also don't log my weight for a week (I usually weigh myself every 2 days).
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is good to know. My wife has recently started dieting and exercising and is seeing no results. I'm sure now that the timing of her period is the cause. Hopefully next week she starts seeing the results she deserves.

Arny
  • js918
    js918 Posts: 3
    Options
    yup same story here
  • Edphil2
    Edphil2 Posts: 21
    Options
    I got nothing for ya. :)