5ft 3 results.. please share!

Options

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    With respect if you are aiming to be toned & fit not just skinny you should not be looking as low as 110...because your muscle will make your scale weight more. You should be looking now at turning fat to muscle so therefore using measurements rather than scale weight. You already look amazing..do you really want to lose all your womanly curves?

Agree
    When I wrestled, I held a steady weight of 104/ 105 and was muscular.
  • shariTN
    shariTN Posts: 53
    Options
    I am 5'3". I am also 48 years old and after the birth of my last child I weighed 180. I lost about 12 lbs over the next 4 years, but got really serious about 5 years ago. I weighed 168 and decided to go on a chocolate fast. I had NO chocolate for over 3 years which was a BIG DEAL to me. That got me started. I started eating right and working out and have gotten as low as 120. I am now around 128 and trying to get back down to 120.
  • TimeToDoMe87
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3. I started out a 205 and currently weigh 177. My goal is 135. ITs when I felt the healthiest and looked the best. :)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and 33 yrs old. My profile pic is a middle school throwback this is not how I Iook today. I started at 158.6lbs end of 2010 and now I'm ranging 127-130 :happy: . Goal weight is 124! My other pics show how I look today.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Im also 5'3 and im trying to get down to 135lbs. I started out at 172. I am now down to 147lbs. But I think you getting down to 105 is a little to skinny for you being 5'3. An ideal weight for 5'3 is between 120-135. I think you look awesome and you should just try and stay toned and not lose anymore weight.

I agree. I am 5'2" and aiming for 133. Even at 140 now I look great and feel great, I'm just trying to get myself in the healthy BMI range. I think you look fantastic as you are now and should just work on maintenance and strength training.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am 5"3 and 46 yrs old. started out 142 cw since sept 2011 115-117. My goal is to be super firm. I prefer to be 115-120. But pay more attention to being firm and fit verses the scale. You look great!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'll put my "stats" in here as well... I'm 5' 3", starting weight was about 124/125. I've lost 2 lbs this week though I'm not just using MFP, I'm using some fat burning pills as well. Goal weight is 104, it's was I was when I wrestled and was most comfortable at that weight. I'll still have curves, as I've got a slightly large chest and some hips going on, so no worries with that! Good luck ladies, and those that posted pictures - You look amazing!!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look fabulous! But you've gotta be comfortable with your body, and that's the most important thing. As long as you're eating a balanced diet and staying active, and feeling healthy, 105-110 may be perfect for you.

Back in high school, I was 5'3" and about 108, and I ate whatever I wanted. I looked really skinny...no boobs, you could see my ribs somewhat. I thought it looked good at the time. LOL As the years rolled on, I've packed the weight on. My high weight was 144, and I'm currently down to 135 as of this morning. My personal goal at this time is to hit between 120 and 125, mostly because I have more muscle now than I ever did, and I've gotten to like some of the curves I've developed. I don't want to be "skinny" again, because looking back, I really was just a beanpole. But that's me! Everyone's goals and body types are different!

As long as you are staying healthy, that's what matters. But seriously, you look amazing right now! I wish I looked as skinny as you at 136! LOL
  • theresabrenner
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2in and my goal is 120. Just started losing with a start weight of 140, I'm at 136.4 (I count the ounces! lol) It depends on your build, I can see 110 if you have a very petit, small frame. 120 is a great goal for me.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    you look great :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! im also 5"3' at 137 lbs and want to get to 125 lbs.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    With respect if you are aiming to be toned & fit not just skinny you should not be looking as low as 110...because your muscle will make your scale weight more. You should be looking now at turning fat to muscle so therefore using measurements rather than scale weight. You already look amazing..do you really want to lose all your womanly curves?

I agree the scales is just a number, you look fantastic as you are. I would concentrate on toning and building lean muscle now. I dropped a dress size with only 4.7 pound drop on the scales. It was the inch loss from toning that got me into a smaller size not the weight loss.

if you are 5'3" i'd aim for more like 112-115... it's supposed to be roughly 5 lb for every inch over 5 feet tall with 5 feet tall being 100 lbs. so 5'3" is 115. i am 5'4" going for 122-125 personally. i don't think lower would look very good on me and i want to keep muscle
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replies but i haven't yet got what i want!!

I wanna see someone who is 5ft 3 and they have reached their goal.. anything close to 105 (ballpark figure)

Thanks for the tips anyway though!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal is not where close to 105. Mine is 114, which makes me a size 2. When I was 112 last summer, I looked like I was sick.

I have 3 lbs to go to reach my goal, it will take me around 6 more weeks to obtain it because it is so hard to lose those last few lbs. I will be sure to post a pic when I get to my goal.
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    You look fine, I would work on losing a little slower and gaining muscle mass. I am 5'4 and weight 155 now and people think I am too thin, they are kind, plus I have a large frame =) I am working on loss fat and retaining as much muscle as I can (possibly adding 4lbs more after I hit goal of 138).
  • codyyde
    codyyde Posts: 36
    Options
    5'2" and 105 pounds. Down from 141 lbs. www.small-size-progress.tumblr.com
  • mlawilm
    mlawilm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think you look great....too much smaller and you will look anorexic !! Congrats on your hard work !!
    :happy:
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (officially, 5'2.5") and am currently in the range of 141-145, since it fluctuates. I'm down from 156. People already notice a big difference and tell me I look great. I fit into some of my old clothes and am quite happy with how I look. My goal is 130 eventually, but if I make it to 135, I'll be very happy. Anything below 120 for someone our height sounds too extreme to me. It depends on your bone structure and weight distribution, but I think you look amazing right now!
  • Guatamellon
    Guatamellon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenmcdav
    Options
    i need to take pics soon, but, i'm 5 ft 3 and i started out at 147 this August. I am currently 128 with three pounds to lose until i hit my goal weight. That's between the low and middle level of the healthy weight range for 5 ft 3 and i just sort of arbitrarily picked it because it's a nice round number. i could potentially go down to 120, but i think i may look a little on the thin side at that weight and i think it would be really difficult.

i think you look fantastic where you are right now. congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!