Beach Seaon....

I know it seems weird to have that title in the middle of January...especially since its in the 20s outside here right now, but it will be here before I know it. Yes, it will be beach time for me...family vacation in May..... I want to be in the best shape I have been in a LONG TIME on the beach this year. My scales have been kinda "stalled" between 167-168.6.....I maintained those number all through the holiday, but now its time for them to GO AWAY....lol... I have thought about this over the weekend and have decided to tighten up my exercise routine. I am ready for the 150s..!!! One of my dearest friends and I always quote the phrase/song from Rocky to each other when we feel like we wanna give up....."EYE OF THE TIGER" .....well, its time to be just that.

Soooo..part of my new plan is to focus on 3 specific body areas.....you know....tone and sculpt! Well, 2 of them I know what I need to do, but the 3rd one...?????????....its the very top of my inner thighs.....EWWWW....I think because of running my legs have gotten pretty trim...its like my thighs/calves are in nice shape...trimmed down some, but it has left this ugly fat right at the top...I cant stand it. BUT how do I get rid of it??? I dont have access to a gym to workout, so I need HOME suggestions if anyone has any. I would LOVE for that to be gone (or at least much better...lol) by the time I have to put my bathing suit on....

Thanks everyone!!! Happy Monday...and have a great HEALTHY week :)

Replies

• bebeschtroumph
    bebeschtroumph Posts: 15 Member
    I think we all need the reminder that you can't actually target individual areas. You can always work on firming up your muscles, but to get those muscles to how, we have to drop fat! You can't tell your body to lose fat from specific areas, and first on tends to be last off.

That being said, you can get those muscles looking their best while you try and rid them of the fat. In terms of toning the inner thigh, try doing lateral lunges, side lying leg lifts(lay down, top leg bent over the lower leg and lift the lower leg), and sumo squats with dumbbells(wide stance squats) if you have them.
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know you cant "really" target specific areas, I guess I just meant these are the areas I would really like to see some major improvement in. I am trying to tone/strengthen all areas ...and lose body fat :)
  • ccandy08
    ccandy08 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been doing forward and side lunges, single leg extensions, and sideways leg lifts. I have been trying to do one of these each day, plus my streatching and I've lost almost 1 and 1/2 inches in my upper thigh. And when you do your zumba, just try to open your hips up as much as you can and it will work that area too. And if you have a rubber ball ( like the kids play with ) you can put in between your thighs while watching tv and squeeze, hold, release, repeat. If you do it while your watching tv or are on the computer, you can get a few hundred of them done before you know it. ;-)

You are doing awesome with all that you do, keep up the good work.