Ladies: What Multi-Vitamins do you take?

Options
Hello!

I just wanted to know which over-the-counter Multi-Vitamins you girls take. I've heard that prenatal vitamins are very good because they help you have healthy hair (which I seem to be losing a lot of lately :ohwell: ) and healthy nails. I've never taken Prenatal vitamins when I wasn't pregnant and I was never really able to tell if my hair or nails got healthier at the time either.

I thought I would ask you ladies what vitamins you are taking if any at all. I feel like I need to find me some good ones.

Also, what time of day do you take your vitamins?

Thank you beautiful girls....
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I take the Flinstones in the blue bottle with extra calcium. The adult muti-vits makes me sick, even if I take them with food. I take one in the morning and one at night because your body can take it all in at once.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I take Womens One a Day, Biotin (good for hair and nails ;) ) Super B complex, and Womens ultra mega energy and metabolism
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to take prenatal vitamins, then I compared them to Swiss One Multivitamins and it turns out that Swiss One wins on every vitamin and mineral - including folate! So I pop one of those with 2 Vitamin D3's every morning after my workout ^_^
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I take vitamins every morning and this weekend purchased "Alive for Women" at the Vitamin Shoppe. I'll let you know what I think of them after a few days :)
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    one a day for women.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i cant take a multi-vitamin, for some reason they make me nauseous. so i take individual pills, B, C, D, fish oil, acai & green tea.
  • TheLastBeginning
    TheLastBeginning Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I take a Spring Valley Prenatal vitamin every day. Not only do I notice healthier hair and nails, but after only like a week I notice my eyelashes are longer! (Big plus there!) :) I also take a calcium supplement and Flex-a-min for healthy bones and joints.
  • sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I take Women's One A Day Active Metabolism and really feel great and energized all day long :) I got them at Target and was able to use a Target coupon and a Manufacturer coupon... they ended up about $3.50 for a bottle of 50!
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Centrum for Women (sp). It also has the vitamins in it for healthy hair and nails.
  • Ociases
    Ociases Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I take the Flintstones complete vitamins with lunch. I used to take adult multivitamins but they used to give me a really bad stomach ache whether I ate them with food or not. So far this works really well for me.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Bassets Soft & Chewy multi-vitamins, they're really nice, just like eating candy :]
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I take a B-12 and Potassium supplement. I take the B-12 since I don't eat meat and it helps support healthy a nervous system, as does the Potassium. I have sciatica so I take care of it through those two supplements.

As for a multi-vitamin or anything, I used to take One a Day or a generic one if I felt I needed it. I do eat a lot of nutrient rich foods so I figured I'm ok with not taking the daily vitamin.

For your hair/nails... here's a good link on the topic: http://www.webmd.com/healthy-beauty/features/top-10-foods-for-healthy-hair

"Even though you can find beauty supplements on the shelves of most stores, try to get the nutrients you need from foods whenever possible," Paradi Mirmirani, MD, a dermatologist in Vallejo, Calif., tells WebMD. "In rare instances, excess supplementation of certain nutrients, such as vitamin A, has been linked to hair loss."

Good luck!!
    Nikki
  • jtcook
    jtcook Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I take Garden of Life Perfect Weight Vitamin and sometimes Garden of Life Vitamin Code for Women. It's a good quality vitamin!
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B6 is good for hair loss, btw.
  • HersheyTeeJay
    HersheyTeeJay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i cant take a multi-vitamin, for some reason they make me nauseous. so i take individual pills, B, C, D, fish oil, acai & green tea.

Just wondering if you take them right after you eat breakfast. If I take them in the morning and don't eat for awhile they make me sick, too. But, if I take them just before or after I eat I'm fine.
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I take these every AM w food :
    *equate multi
    *Spring vally B-12
    *Spring vally D-3
    * 5-htp
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamin and fish-oil... everything else, unless medically perscribed is a placebo :)
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    I take TruNature Whole Food Vitimans from Costco.com. I used to take Rainbow Light for Women - but they were just too expensive. These seemed very similar, and the price was way better! I take them in the morning, along with an Omega-3 and a Vitiman D3. No problems with after taste, stomach issues, nothing. I feel good! :) If you're going to start a multi... I would encourage you to also consider an Omega-3 (especially if you don't eat a lot of oily/fatty fish like salmon). Omega-3 help prevent heart disease, acts as an anti-inflammatory, and helps lower cholesterol (by raising the good cholesterol). :o)
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    over the counter prenatal vitamins (no i am not prego ) and fish oil natures own (cant afford the good stuff yet)
  • rosiecotton
    rosiecotton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I recently started taking one a day vitacraves complete adult multivitamin as well as an iron supplement because I find that I do not get my daily amount in through the foods I eat (which I am working on). I find that since I started taking these, I have had more energy