Snack ideas before exercise?

Options
Hey hey everyone hope you are all well?

Just wondered if anyone has ay tips on something quick, easy and low calorie I could munch on after I finish work (around 4pm) before I get home and do some exercise? Something to give me a bit of energy but not eat into my calories too much as I have my evening dinner after exercising.

Thanks in advance :) x

Replies

• madamchoochoo
    madamchoochoo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I swear by Babybel lights - and even better they are handbag sized!
  • ava33
    ava33 Posts: 26
    Options
    I like the Nakd bars, Banana bread are the lowest I found in terms of calories so far (92 per bar): http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC7WxRcjMbo4i4283tAFxs6FUVfcStiN-6CooGYxRUhyifZwhy

If you have a few more to spend those are delicious, I think they're 153: http://www.aggressivehealthshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/5/35g._nakd_berry_delight.jpg

Often have one if I go to a class after work and dinner's a long way off, or if I do two consecutive classes and feel I need some energy in between.

Have found them both in Tesco and Sainsbury's; a bit pricey but really nice.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I generally get a protein bar right after working out - I'm usually starving and that is my " bedtime " snack.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love the Nakd bars too. Or I find a piece of fruit has the right sugar and carb content to give an energy boost.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love the Spirulina balls - brands like Bounce - 169 - 210 kcals roughly, depending on the one you pick.

They're sweet, quite filling and they're relatively healthy. Plus I get the amusement of thinking I'm eating something that wouldn't look out of place on the bird table!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    a fiber one bar (90) cal or some kind of low cal protein bar work for me - even a cheese stick can do the trick!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies.
  • GraceOrr
    Options
    I usually eat a trail mix bar or a protein shake
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    A Banana. That is what I usually will have if I need a snack before working out. Fills me up, and the potassium will also aid in you not cramping when working out. I think a 6-7 inch one is around 100 cals or so.
  • reddebsings
    Options
    a fiber one bar (90) cal or some kind of low cal protein bar work for me - even a cheese stick can do the trick!
    I like to grab a banana - or an apple cut up and shaken with peanut butter powder - or a Weight Watchers string cheese stick!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I go with a banana, or a punnet from a graze snack box (usually dried fruit and nuts)
  • RubyRubyRubyRuby84
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Much appreciated :)x
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    I run a lot and I usually find that a banana, nuts, babybel light or rasperries are easy to pick at work and give me the right amount of energy. I personally try not to eat any snack bars as once I eat one, I want the whole box :)
  • jared767
    Options
    Half a banana mixed with half a cup of yogurt