Ladies: What Multi-Vitamins do you take?

Options

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    If you want to find out which vitamins to take you should use this site:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/vitamins-and-supplements-evaluator/default.htm
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    hi, i take multi vitamins & iron, odourless garlic (supposed 2 be good for the heart) and cod liver oil, just thought should we be adding these to our diary cos i haven't been?
  • audreanna76
    Options
    Womens one a day energy and fish oil.
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I just wanted to know which over-the-counter Multi-Vitamins you girls take. I've heard that prenatal vitamins are very good because they help you have healthy hair (which I seem to be losing a lot of lately :ohwell: ) and healthy nails. I've never taken Prenatal vitamins when I wasn't pregnant and I was never really able to tell if my hair or nails got healthier at the time either.

I thought I would ask you ladies what vitamins you are taking if any at all. I feel like I need to find me some good ones.

Also, what time of day do you take your vitamins?

Thank you beautiful girls....
    :flowerforyou:
    one a day vits work for me. Plus give me energy.
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    I take New Chapter Organics " Every Woman's One Daily "
    They are NOT cheap but having done a lot of reading, I feel that most mass-produced Vitamin brands don't deliver on their promises.
    New Chapter is also organic- meaning no strange chemicals and dyes.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Centrum Chewables. Eliminated the nauseated feeling that typical "pills" sometimes cause.
    :flowerforyou: Note to the ladies: Be sure to get Vitamin D :heart:
  • jesscorinne
    Options
    I take one a day gummies lol theyre good and much easyier to take!
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Womans ultra mega energy + metabolism... GNC. It has stuff for breAst health, hair, nails..ect plus iron and I'm anemic so it helps
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I take Hair, Skin and Nails multi vitamins with Biotin (suppose to be good for hair growth although Im not seeing a difference), Calcium (because I dont get enough with my food) and Omega -3 (because I dont eat fish).

I have to take calcium and Omega -3 twice a day (morning and nite) and Hair, Skin and Nails 3 times a day (Morning, Lunch and Nite time).
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    In the mornings I take Womens 1 a day active Metabolism and Omega 3-6-9 and Magnesium+Vitamin C supplement.
    In the evening i take Calcium + Vitamin D3

I am a supplement *kitten* lol
  • jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My ob/gyn told me to take prenatal vitamins. She said it has everything you need.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I take New Chapter Organics " Every Woman's One Daily "
    They are NOT cheap but having done a lot of reading, I feel that most mass-produced Vitamin brands don't deliver on their promises.
    New Chapter is also organic- meaning no strange chemicals and dyes.

I take NCO Women's Daily, too. I add to that a high-quality high-dosage B2 supplement and a high-quality turmeric supplement to battle two recurring health problems. (Migraines and Bursitis, respectively.) I also add a Calcium+D when I am not drinking calcium-added OJ.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Flintstones Complete Chewables. It might be weird but I will take them regularly. I found with other vitamins I would not want to take them so I many times didn't.
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    I take vitafusion gummies. Tastes like kids gummies and has all the vitamins you need. any kind of multivitamin in pill form upset my stomach no matter when I would take it. So these are great for that!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I take "Nature Made Multi for Her" every morning. It's a liquid softgel so it's easy to swallow and it's loaded with every vitamin. I take one every morning...and you can find them at walgreens or walmart for around $7 so ya can't beat it =)
  • joysomebody
    joysomebody Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I take Nutralite from Amway. I can feel the difference when I take them.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have been taking equate multivitamin but some times it makes me feel sick...
  • joysomebody
    joysomebody Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is what I love about Nutralite vitamins. All organic. They even grow their own plants for their ingredients. I would love to tour their factory, I hear it's run like a lab, very clean and without the usual odors of other vitamin distributors.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Most people really don't need to take a supplement, as long as they are eating a healthy balanced diet and don't have a diagnosed condition from their physician necessitating supplementation. Actually, studies have shown that the average person taking a multi-vitamin really gets no benefit from it. In some cases, it can be harmful, especially if you get too much of a fat soluble vitamin.

If you are having hair loss, you should give your doc a ring. But you really shouldn't need to waste you money on vitamins unless you have a documented need for them.

With that said, the only time I'll take a vitamin is when I'm getting sick, just to give my immune system a boost. And that's only for one or two days.
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    GNC Womans Ultra Mega. Sometimes fish oil, B complex and additional cal/mag.