Stretch marks!

Options
I have 2 GORGEOUS children that left my stomach looking like a road map. My son was 7lbs 13 oz but I gained over 60 lbs with him. I tried palmers, I special ordered some stuff, NOTHING has worked. I'm hoping working out might possibly do something for them.

I see all these women on here, with stretch marks that have seemed to fade completely away! Is this just from working out and eating right? or is there something else being done that I NEED to know about?! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bump. I have stretch marks too.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, interested to see responses
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have 2 gorgeous boys and thanks to my youngest I also have a roadmap! LOL! I didn't have any stretch marks after my first but I am not so lucky now! Would love to know if anyone has any pointers!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've gotten horrible stretchmarks with both my children (they looked red & purple etc. They have faded quite a bit & don't have much of a belly "button" anymore. I'm hoping that once most of the fat is gone, you won't be able to see it. The stretchmarks have flattened out quite a bit. I had a lot too. The loose skin actually looks much better with less fat behind it. I've seen before/after pics of other women. It's not so bad. If I can't get rid of them, the only other choice is to wear them like a badge of honor!!

ETA: my youngest is 4 yrs old. The stretchmarks honestly look a lot better than 2 years ago.
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have tons too! I had a ton of kids as I lose weight, it just get flabby inbetween the marks. NOT SEXY! I think the only way I can get rid of it with a tummy tuck.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i am looking into this
    > http://entebella.com/

it isnt liposuction and when i read further into it they said skin tightening.....not really sure if that counts as strechmarks or what. but I sent them an email to find out!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    People say you can never get rid of stretch marks completely, but I am not a believer in that. I still have my stretch marks but they are fading slowly. I drink as much water as I can get and I keep the areas moisturized its not a cure but I have noticed the visibility of them going away.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I actually have a flat stomach, my stretch marks aren't raised, but they are UGGGGGLLYYYYY! lol They have faded, they are the same color as my skin, but in sunlight my road map becomes shiney, like scales... it's awesome. :grumble:
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have seen my stretch marks from two kids slowly going away as I tighen muscle and lose fat. Don't give up!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    :frown: I have stretch marks just from being overweight.

They are fading slowly but surely with my weight loss, although I'm sure they will never disappear completely. I consider them a badge of honor. :laugh:
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    Love my strech marks, it my mark of motherhood, my battle wounds of a long hard journy to get him here safely. I wear them with pride!! With that said, if they went away, I probably wouldn't care :D :P
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes, and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it's ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it. ~ Cassie Fox

I <3 my stretch marks. I even told my boudior photog not to airbrush them out when I have my shoot
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    :frown: I have stretch marks just from being overweight.

They are fading slowly but surely with my weight loss, although I'm sure they will never disappear completely. I consider them a badge of honor. :laugh:

I try to imagine them as my "battle wounds" And don't get me wrong, I'll rock a bikini in the summer time! hahaha
  • Betabefit
    Betabefit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks as well. So far no one has replied yet who lost theirs thanks to the motivated weight loss inspired by this site. I am thinking I may just start using a cream while focusing on my weight loss and perhaps between the two something will at least make them less visible. I definitely need to take a before pic though so if this does work I can share with others helpful tips. Perhaps all of us that have replied should make a commitment to one another to try some different things and keep one another posted on what works and what doesn't. And by the way, I have one child, a 4 year old son. During the entire pregnancy my stomach was free of any marks then all of sudden like a week before I delivered they were there and I was like NOOOOOOO!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i am looking into this
    > http://entebella.com/

it isnt liposuction and when i read further into it they said skin tightening.....not really sure if that counts as strechmarks or what. but I sent them an email to find out!

ooohh neato!! LOL I'd definitely need that Zerona thing they're advertising... but too expensive.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    I have stretch marks as well. So far no one has replied yet who lost theirs thanks to the motivated weight loss inspired by this site. I am thinking I may just start using a cream while focusing on my weight loss and perhaps between the two something will at least make them less visible. I definitely need to take a before pic though so if this does work I can share with others helpful tips. Perhaps all of us that have replied should make a commitment to one another to try some different things and keep one another posted on what works and what doesn't. And by the way, I have one child, a 4 year old son. During the entire pregnancy my stomach was free of any marks then all of sudden like a week before I delivered they were there and I was like NOOOOOOO!

Same happened with my son. I made it 9 months, and the last 2 weeks or so BAM! *sigh*
  • xanthochroid
    Options
    i too have alot of stretch marks...i have been using bio-oil and i think that it has helped them fade...hopefully the exercise will too
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    i too have alot of stretch marks...i have been using bio-oil and i think that it has helped them fade...hopefully the exercise will too

I use bio-oil as well :)