My one week success story!

Options
tistal
tistal Posts: 869 Member
Just wanted to share my week one results with those who are needing a little motivation. I joined MFP a week ago. Started doing the 30 Day Shred and Zumba everyday (except for 1 day I had to give my knee a break). Tracked everything I ate (even ate out once). I weighed and did my measurements Monday before I started all this. I was 201.8lbs. This morning I weighed 196.4. That is a 5.4lb loss! I am thrilled!! I was also down 1.5 in on my bust line, 1 in on my left arm (right arm stayed the same) 1 in off my waist and .5 off of each thigh!

I know everyone is always saying "If I can do, anyone can do it!" Well, that is how I feel this morning. After 9 years of not working out and eating bad its not easy to jump into a lifestyle change, but I have done it!! And with a great first week it makes me want to work even harder!

So to all those just starting out, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! You really can!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and a HUGE congratulations on being under 200 now! Keep up the great work. It really is motivating when you see results so quickly in that first week.
  • loraloha74
    Options
    woo hoo! awesome work!
  • misslady007
    misslady007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Motivation it is!!!!! I am going to eyeball your diary for last week LOL! I'm doing ok but I would love to lose 5 lbs in 1 week like twice in a row!
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Exactly the kind of story I needed to read this morning :) Congrats and thanks for sharing!!! Don't stop celebrating all of your successes :)
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a way to reinforce your positive lifestyle changes! Keep it up. I started at 193 myself. Lots of ups and downs, but overall losing trend. Jillian (circuit training in general) and Zumba are some of the faves around this place. Have fun, mix it up, eat well and good luck with your efforts!!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    i'm thrilled for you... good job!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • salazar3126
    Options
    Great Job Keep it up!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm sure it is an awesome feeling to be under 200 lbs. :) I weighed in this morning and reached my mini goal for last week and that was to be under 190. :) It feels amazing to reach the little goals we set and it is more reason to stay motivated and to continue on with our journeys. :)
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That is great - thanks for the motivation!!
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    That is awesome! I weigh in tomorrow! i don't expect a 5lb loss but i hope i get at least 2 lbs! Good Job!!:bigsmile:
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good job and thanks for the motivation!

Keep up the good work!
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! So proud of you. Keep going, don't ever give up. I find it best to take it one day at a time!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have been at 200-205 (I am 5'8 1/2) for the past 5 years so I ♥ that I am under 200 now. It took my BMI from being obese to overweight!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That's a great start! Congrats :)
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Diva4Live
    Diva4Live Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congradulations. Keep up the hard work.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]5078086.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!! Great job!!
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    Thanks for the Monday motivation! Great job!! Keep it up! :)
  • afassett
    Options
    Congrats! What a great accomplishment! Keep up the amazing work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!