It's Time to Get Serious

Options
I'm new to MFP and liking what I see on the site. I'm still learning my way around the site and need to post a picture someday.

Right now, I am trying to focus on eating well and being committed to exercise at least 5 times a week. It's really been hard with 2 little ones (2 and 6 yrs old) but I am so tired of excuses. Also, the scale is continuously skyrocketing. For a person who has never had to deal with "weight issues", I have packed on about 15 lbs over the last 10 years. Yikes!

have already back tracked and lost focus. But I am not going to GIVE UP! Any tips on how to stay focus, goal oriented and committed? Always open to positive advice and encouragement. Thanks!

Replies

• Biomisty
    Biomisty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO. Its super hard when there are others relying on you but keep in mind you can take care of your little ones longer and better if you are healthy. My advice... Plan your meals!! This takes a lot of time initially but after a few week you have lots of ideas to look back on and reuse. And your kids will also get healthier foods if you are also eating healthier. Good luck!! You only fail if you give up.
  • Djazzi
    Djazzi Posts: 1
    Options
    I"m also new, I dont have small children but my two teenagers keep me very busy!!! And like you I do lose focus but everyday is a new day to do better than yesterday....so keep up the good work!!
  • gilream1
    gilream1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Biomisty, thanks for the excellent advice. I think meal planning will save me the time of "thinking" about what I need to cook and steer me away from the fast food restaurants. Every day, I am realizing the importance of setting a healthy and active example for my children. I am also realizing that I need to set up some time for myself 1st so I can better care for my husband and children. No more excuses. Thank you so much for the encouragement.