Are there any other brides to be out there?

Options

Replies

• teresastrowz46
    teresastrowz46 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not a bride but a bridesmaid with the bride putting alot of pressure on me. Would like to drop about 20lbs or better for June 9th, I think its do-able but I'm having a hard time managing my diet with a very picky husband, working full time and going to school.

Anyone else getting family pressure or pressure from the rest of the bridal party to shed?

ohh that makes me sad she's pushing you like that. you shouldn't have to change for anyone but yourself. my girls are all shapes and sizes and i love them all! i picked out a number of bridesmaids dresses and let them choose individually which they'd like to wear...so now all of my girls have different dresses. they are all just built so differently and i wanted them all to be comfortable in what they were wearing. plus there's always someone who doesn't like the dress the bride picks out, so i figured let them pick and get what they actually like. they know what looks good on their body type! it sounds like your bride is sort of a bridezilla...i'm very sorry. if i were you i don't think she'd be a good enough reason to get my butt in gear...her nagging is only going to make it harder for you to stay on track. would she be understanding if you talked with her about it? maybe she's not that important if she's making you feel like you're not good enough to be in her wedding at your current weight??
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Not a bride but a bridesmaid with the bride putting alot of pressure on me. Would like to drop about 20lbs or better for June 9th, I think its do-able but I'm having a hard time managing my diet with a very picky husband, working full time and going to school.

Anyone else getting family pressure or pressure from the rest of the bridal party to shed?

ohh that makes me sad she's pushing you like that. you shouldn't have to change for anyone but yourself. my girls are all shapes and sizes and i love them all! i picked out a number of bridesmaids dresses and let them choose individually which they'd like to wear...so now all of my girls have different dresses. they are all just built so differently and i wanted them all to be comfortable in what they were wearing. plus there's always someone who doesn't like the dress the bride picks out, so i figured let them pick and get what they actually like. they know what looks good on their body type! it sounds like your bride is sort of a bridezilla...i'm very sorry. if i were you i don't think she'd be a good enough reason to get my butt in gear...her nagging is only going to make it harder for you to stay on track. would she be understanding if you talked with her about it? maybe she's not that important if she's making you feel like you're not good enough to be in her wedding at your current weight??

^^This!

I'm telling my girls to pick something blue. Other than that, it's up to them!
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

I'm the same I've been told I have to lose weight for my friends wedding in May, both her and her mother have told me to! I know I have a few extra pounds but I am thinner than both the bride, her sister and her mother, so I don't think they should open their mouths!!!!
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    getting married 10-13-12 feel free to add me. I am on alot!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Me me me!! I am getting married on June 23rd and WILL lose an additional 30 lbs before then!
  • katiebug3268
    katiebug3268 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am currently happily married but my sister is getting married in April and has blessed me with making me the maid of honor. I am determined to lose the weight so I can fit into my tiny dress which currently does not fit. Feel free to add me!!! And CONGRATS!!!!
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    10.5.12 :) I'm hoping to lose ten pounds...so a pound a month! I can do this! Here for support for all you ladies!
  • sunflower1314
    Options
    Yes Im in the same shoes as you, the only difference is my wedding is next September so I have a year and half to get to my goal weight. I run into struggles especially now with a love one who isnt doing so well health wise. Im emotional eater so I have been stuggling with that! So all the support i can get is greatly appreciated! Btw.. Congrats!!!!
  • JMRendino14
    JMRendino14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Getting Married August 4th or October 6th! Depending on the job I get when I graduate will determine the date! Feel Free to Add me! I still have 35 lbs to go! Good Luck Ladies!
  • RockerDDS
    RockerDDS Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am getting married June 2, 2012 and looking to lose 30-40 pounds. My dress has already been ordered but I hope they have to take it in. Feel free to add me!
  • aymise
    aymise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will be getting married 7-11-13. I'm not happy about the lack of choices and the looks you get going into a bridal shop and needing a size 18. I hope to be down 60 lbs by the big day :)
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Getting married Aug 25th 2012. Feel free to add me!
  • merrylea
    merrylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm getting marrried August 11th, 2012. I ordered a dress slightly smaller than I should have at the time (waist and hips were larger than my actual, bust were smaller) I hope to lose 30 lbs before then, but I'm pretty realistic on the marathon that is weight loss. I hope they have to take it in a bunch... and I'm ok with that!
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm getting married 26th May 2012, need to lose at least 2 stone!!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Getting married May 18, 2012!
  • breecal
    breecal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting married 9/22/11 I am so far away from my goal and it's so overwhelming.
  • teresastrowz46
    teresastrowz46 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    so i sent out the save the dates saturday...gulp! no turning back now!!! lol i worked on wedding stuff all weekend and last night i had wedding nightmares...literally! it was awful...it was my wedding day over and over and over and every time things were wrong. no centerpieces, ugly plants, no one there!! we got married and then i realized there was no photographer so we had to do it all over again and then we got into a car accident in a lake on the way there...ugh it was so horrible! i was thankful to wake up!! it is all very overwhelming. anyone have any good wedding tips/cute ideas???
  • kitkatamii
    kitkatamii Posts: 13 Member
    Options

That's funny! I'm getting married May 18, 2013!!
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options

That's funny! I'm getting married May 18, 2013!!

My date is May 18, 2013 as well! Popular time of year :drinker:
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Getting married 12-12-12 (officially) but since that day is on a Wednesday we will be getting married by my aunt (she's a notary) We are going to have our Wedding ceremony the month before. As it will also be when we celebrate out 2 year mark! :)

That and I absolutley want a fall wedding!

Good luck on your journey I have no doubt you are going to be a gorgeous bride!