Hello everyone

Options
Hey all, new here, also new to posting on forums in general, but hey, got to start somewhere right?

My name is Allen. Im 26 and from wales,UK, Married.. with 2 kids and 1 on the way.... but thats where the normality ends in most respects to family life...

My wife is from Tennessee im currently stuck back over here in the UK awaiting a decision on my green card application.. the process takes MONTHS ... when you do it legally..lol , i visit my family as often as possible and of course i am in constant communication.. but because all my friends. and family are so far away there is not much going on here exept work... so to take my mind of things i have decided to loose weight.

im 6'2" , and when i started this diet.. with the help of the MFP app. i weighed in at 300 lb.. which was a bit of a shock.. i carry my weight well, i didn't realize I had gotten that heavy.. so my goal is to loose 90lb before the baby is due ( 21 august) .. i know its not exactly slow and steady. but i am determined.

1 week later thanks to walking the dog for miles every day. and cutting my calories down to 1500 NET I have lost 7lb i know this will eventually plateau. but i have 8 months to work on it.. lol

nice to meet you all and glad to be a part of the community.

Al

Replies

• K8ty_7
    K8ty_7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome, feel free to add me if u like :)
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Allen!
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome Allen, nice to meet you! Feel free to add me as a friend as well, the more the merrier I say! :smile:
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    It's wonderful that you are wanting to lose the weight before your baby is born. What a wonderful goal to shoot for! I think you can do it. Men lose faster than women, so even if you plateau, I think you should still lose 5 or so pounds a week, especially with the walking and the cutting calories. I am sure you will do great!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! Feel free to add me. I am starting over. I lost 30lbs and gained back 7-8 lbs during these winter months. Hang in there!