zumba 2 for the wii

Options
Hi

I just got zumba 2 for the wii & I am loving this, does anyone know if the calories they say it burns is accurate

Thank you

Replies

• caliurion
    caliurion Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    where have you been not seen you at work for absolute ages
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would say using a heart rate monitor is going to be the best way to determine calories for that.
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It depends.. I've read some people say that its pretty close. I know for me its not. I did 45 min. And the Wii said I burnt 706 calories and my hrm only had 350. I was really bummed about that. :(
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have zumba 2 and it gives me double the calorie burn than my HRM says.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The calorie counts are pretty close to what the Zumba website says, so I've been counting what the Wii says on my MFP counts.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The calorie counts are pretty close to what the Zumba website says, so I've been counting what the Wii says on my MFP counts.

Must say that I don't have a HRM, so the others may have better info than I do.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Mine is always within about 50 cals of my polar hrm. It's slightly higher, especially on days when I'm not pushing myself, but usually it's pretty darn close. I would agree with the above poster that a decent hrm is the best way to go.
  • ms1978
    ms1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this game!!! The only way to be sure is to use an HRM, but since I don't have one, I stay under my calorie allowance and I don't eat back my exercise =)
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    MY HRM reads lower than what the game says. I got 150 on my HRM. I think I'd go for what the HRM says. One thing I notice though, after the HRM reading and after I played that's when I start sweating a lot and when I continued to my next workout which is X-Stretch from P90X, my calorie counter counted my x-stretch workout to be about 700 cals. I measured 2 activities separately but I the X-stretch is less intense and yet burned 700. (Which I think carried over from the Zumba)

I would suggest to warm up first before starting Zumba, shoot up your heart rate a little bit for like 5-10 minutes before you start the game so that you will get the most accurate readings from HRM.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Alright...I may just have to buy this game. I have seen it at Costco but have opted not to buy it. I have the first Zumba Wii and while I like it, I found it hard to follow because of the graphics. It sounds like Zumba 2 is much more sophisticated though...so now I just might have to get it. How are the graphics on this one? How about compared to first Zumba Wii?