Polar FT4 or FT7

Options
I am sorry if this post is repetitive, but I just want to know the differences between the two. I was considering a Bodybugg but I don't want to wear it all day so that is why I am going with the Polar HRM. I don't do any workouts in the water. I do a lot of Jillian Michaels workouts, turbokick, and kickboxing. Didn't know if that mattered on which one is best for that. I have searched the message boards and I know those are both recommended but finding a hard time actually pinpointing what makes them different. Thank you!

Replies

• adhillman01
    Options
    If you go to the Polar website they have a side by side comparison chart of all of their models. I just searched "compare polar heart rate monitors" in google and found it that way. I ended up getting the FT60 because it was on sale and the FT40 and above have a fitness test that estimates your VO2 max, which should give you a more accurate calorie count. Good luck!
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Looking at Amazon and I can't tell if the FT7 has a chest strap or not. I would prefer the one without that if possible. I'm probably going to get a Timex that has the strap though for the sake of cost. The reviews on Amazon are helpful for me. It appears the FT4 doesn't show you how many minutes you are in the target range based on one comment.

Comments can be mis-leading or mis-understood I suppose but there might be some good info there. Hopefully someone on here will have some experience with the two units and chime in soon.

Have a great day fellow Texan.