1200 calories per day???

Options

Replies

• melissamason941
    Options
    I do it, track everything you eat, don't eat crap that doesn't count (too much coffee creamer could be a prob for me), & DONT EAT CRAP. Eat low calorie foods you can get more bang for your buck! Some days I don't even eat enough so I eat some air popped popcorn or fruit & yogurt to get up to 1200c. Do some research & see what you can eat. For brkfast I eat homemade egg mcmuffins w/ 100 cal muffins, canadian back, 1 egg & 1/2 peice of 2% milk cheese, less than 300c. Some days I have a smoothie, 180c for lunch I eat beans, 1/2 turkey sand & dinner I eat fish, veggies, brown rice, chicken breast, beans....it can be done!!
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    thats what i do... i have an open diary so you can see what i eat on each day (i hate logging in at home so the weekends are blank) but theres a lot you can eat and still be at 1200 ...and dont be mad if some days you go over a little you will still lose weight! :)
  • KarinLSmith
    Options
    The first day I brought my calories down to 1,200 was not a "good" day. I felt deprived and hungry. Then I started researching "Fit magazine" success stories and I found some things that helped me. First of all exercise will give you more calories to enjoy. I walk briskly 60 minutes a day and that adds well over 400 calories.

Also, I start my day with steel cut oatmeal with a sliced banana. It keeps me feeling full and is so good for digestion. Eat an apple with light peanut butter for an afternoon snack and load up on vegies and protein for lunch and dinner. it gets easier. Legumes are also very filling. I buy the 7 bean soup and drain off the water. I add a touch of butter and sea salt. I'm not hungry for hours after that. But I use that as a treat once or twice a week. Turkey chili is also very easy and filling.

Good luck!
  • esperluette
    Options
    I actually find it hard to get up to 1200 a day sometimes! I hover right around 1100 and sometimes I honestly cannot eat without feeling overly full, and I snack throughout the day. It's about the choices you make in food and there are a lot of satisfying foods out there that will keep you full. Try and eat fresh, whole foods (raw veggies and lettuce) and my personal favorite is Greek yogurt, with fruit, in a parfait, tzatziki sauce (such an AMAZING substitute for ranch!) and various other low fat dips to eat with rice cakes, tortilla chips, etc. Almonds and Craisins are my go-to snack. Definitely think about portion control and string it out throughout the day so you don't feel as hungry. Water is also great to have beforehand so your stomach feels more full.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!