Getting a bit confused - weight loss help?

Options
Hi everyone.
I am 5 foot 2 and currently weight 147lb's I'd like to weigh 133lb's :smile:

I go to Zumba/dance class on a Tuesday and badminton on a Wednesday - I'm lightly active the rest of the week, doing workout/exercise games on my Wii. And I'm lightly active most days at work (I work at a theme park and during the 'off season' which is right now I can end up walking round the park maybe a mile or more depending on where I need to go to)...

I'd like to know what a sensible amount of calories is to eat per day ~ I feel that 1200 or 1290 calories (which is what happens when I put in a weight loss of a 1lb to 1 1/2lb's per week) is too few and I feel that my body may be not getting enough calories/nutrients...

I'd like any input or feedback that you have.
:happy:
x

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    With not a great deal to lose, I'd try a goal of 0.5lb per week - that should give you a few more calories.
  • JamesRuss49er
    Options
    Hopefully that 1200-1290 calories per day is before any exercise. Log your walking and other exercises and you'll be able to add that many calories to your daily consumption. Also, the only way to lose weight is to deny you body needed calories. It will compensate by burning fat and muscle to get what it needs. Next time you're at the store pick up three 5# bags of sugar and walk around. Remind yourself how much better you'll feel after you lose that weight for real.
  • sandz2710
    Options
    You're right. That does give me lots more calories to play with...
    :) I'd quite like to be on track to hitting my goal weight by the time I go on holiday in April...it was 12 weeks to my holiday on Friday just gone...I just don't want my body to feel that it is in starvation mode...
    x
  • sandz2710
    Options
    Hopefully that 1200-1290 calories per day is before any exercise. Log your walking and other exercises and you'll be able to add that many calories to your daily consumption. Also, the only way to lose weight is to deny you body needed calories. It will compensate by burning fat and muscle to get what it needs. Next time you're at the store pick up three 5# bags of sugar and walk around. Remind yourself how much better you'll feel after you lose that weight for real.

Yes it is :smile:
    I think if I ate perhaps 1500-1600 calories and exercised off 300 calories or so maybe that would help?
    I'm just getting confused as I read somewhere that you have to eat your exercise calories back?
    x