BEST HEART RATE MONITOR

Options
Hey guys! I recently ordered Turbo Fire and will hopefully start tomorrow , if it comes in on time. I know it's a pretty intense workout and was wanting to measure my calorie burn and heart rate. Some people mentioned the chest strap is the way to go. Any one have any suggestions on a really good one, preferably not very expensive. Thanks MFP friends!

Replies

• USNGirlMel
    USNGirlMel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • keggreen
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jay0hwhy
    Options
    polar FT4
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    polar FT4

I go with this. It is easy to set up, has a chest-strap and counts calories and heartbeat.
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not looking correctly but I can find it, LOL!
  • ashimon
    ashimon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wait for the basis band no chest strap! :) www.mybasis.com
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    Can be a little more expensive, but I've got and like the Garmin. You charge via USB, with most models, also has inbuilt GPS, so can track and record all walks/runs etc. Did have a Polar, wasn't that impressed with it, compared to the Garmin. But still a good starting base. I'd go the FT4 with the polar range, as others have said, easy to set up and a good basic HRM.
  • kimikokirkland
    Options
    I have a "New Balance" Calorie Counter/HRM with chest strap. I wear it Zumba, Body Pump, Runnning. The chest strap isn't bad, fits right at your sports bra line. I think it is pretty acurate. There are more expensive one out there, but this one was around $60 at Target. SOOO worth every penny!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 watch/chest strap - got it new on eBay for $26. You can also find them on Amazon or in stores for a bit more. Check out the Polars & the New Balance and other models on Amazon & read all the reviews - I found that helpful.

Search here too - there are probably hundreds of posts/topics asking this very question.
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the help!

I know this will sound korny, but when y'all said "bump" I immediately typed "bump heart rate monitor" on the search bar"and all I got was "bump gel"!. I couldn't find the monitor. I was like "what the heck"! haha!

Since I'm newish I still don't understand the lingo, LOL!!!!!

Your advice gives me a huge advantage!