Water?

Options
What counts as water? Is it strictly water itself, or do you include things like crystal light, tea, coffee?

Replies

• I include water and tea. I don't use crystal light, so can't help you out there!
  • FlabulessFam
    Options
    I only use water, but I don't see why you couldn't use tea??
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I count Crystal light as water, for sure!
  • sgOkiozm
    Options
    I only count water, but that's because I'm weird. Coffee, Tea, Crystal light could count too if you don't really like water!
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    I count green tea
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I actually drink alot of tea but don't count it since the tea I drink is almost always caffeinated and caffeine dehydrates you. Same reason not to count coffee. There's no calories, but you can't really count it as hydrating. I actually try to compensate for the tea I drink by drinking more water (I'm kind of a fanatic about making sure I get a ton of water though).
    I don't use crystal light, but I think I would count that as long as the sweetener is safe. I count the occasional Vitamin Water Zero.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I count water and coconut water for sure. Tea is a possibility as well.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Water and herbal decaf tea for me.
  • bigfrank2
    Options
    I count all liquids that do not have calories. For example, water, diet soda, and G2 etc.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Just water. Anything with sugar or sodium, I don't count because it's either bloating you or dehydrating you, versus hydrating.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Pure water H2O & that's it!!!
  • janetmartin12
    janetmartin12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I include crystal light just don't forget to add 10 calories for each single
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Water only. All other drinks I add to my diary as drinks other then water even if it has no calories.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    anything that does not have caffeine or calories counts as water for me....although plain water is the majority of what I drink. I see nothing wrong with an occasional crystal light or decaf tea.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    It's only water if it's been blessed by a priest named Charlie Sheen.

Water is water, adding stuff to it doesn't change the fact that it's water. All that it means is you get the nutritional benefits (or decrements, depending) of whatever you added to it on top of the H2O
  • marcdeto7
    Options
    Water is just that, Water...

Any time you add a tea bag, or coffee grounds, or anything else, your intake then includes additives. The point/reason for the large amount of water is to help your body to process and eliminate everything else. If you are adding things like sugars, sugar replacements, etc your body will have to work that much harder to process and eliminate them.

Stick with plain old ordinary water, and as much as you can. The more you drink, the more your body craves, so it gets easier!!!
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My doc says, water, tea, crystal light...however, something with no sweetener or sugar is best. I've trained myself to sorta "like" tea with no type of sugar.
  • Jessica121706
    Options
    I just hate the taste of water so any alternative is easier to get down for me