What do you track in your Diary?

Options
jtcc91
jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
Just curious what others are tracking in their food diaries... I'm referring to the settings that you can change.

My settings are currently on Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fiber, and Iron. I switched from calcium to iron because I know I get enough calcium daily and am trying to increase my iron.

What do you track, and why? :bigsmile:

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I track calories, carbs, fat, fibre and sodium. The only two I 100% care about are calories and sodium. I also try to keep my carbs in check but I'm a carboholic so I'm fine with going over on occasion.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I really only track calories, carbs, protein & fat. I feel better when I'm doing a lower carb diet. I've tried WW and find that I eat way too much processed stuff just because I can...almost like it gave me a license to eat crap as long as it was in my points range...lol.

I have less cravings, more energy and tend to eat cleaner (non-processed foods) when I track my carbs. With that said...I have done Atkins in the past (lost a ton of weight after my daughter was born 13 yrs ago) and tried it again not too long ago only to find out it wasn't really effective (there is no calorie guideline so I was just plain eating too much!!). That's when I decided I really need to start watching the calories too. So far, so good. I feel great and I'm losing. As far as nutrients, I take a really good multivitamin so I feel like my body is getting what it needs.
  • mlks2012
    Options
    I so agree with you on that about WW and the processed food. It is decieving. You can really get out of hand with all of the packaged stuff they have. Good post and very helpful! I have been going crazy trying to figure out which program to use and so now it just seems so simple getting back to the basics and really being aware of the calories and such, including reading labels is , again, refreshing and an eye opener.