I had a baby and I'm not super human so I got stretch marks.

Options
Just so you know before ready, there may be cursing... I just never know, hehe....

So I've only had 1 baby, he is now 2 (3 in July)..... I went about 37 weeks without getting them, then BAM they hit with a VENGEANCE!!! So, needless to say, my prayers for a bikini body have flown out the window.

I just read a thread, full of post-baby success stories, and seriously... these women have like NO SIGNS of birthing a child. My boobs got HUGE because I breastfed, and now they aren't saggy, but they're definitely different than before, and my belly... OMG, it's seriously like a bowl of jelly... I don't ever see recovery from that, lol....

I'll be honest, it's very inspiring to know that I'm not the only one that gained 70 lbs while pregnant, BUT... there's no way I'm looking like Gwen Stefani post baby, lol.... some women get all the luck!

OH well, I have learned to love the body I was given (and got after a baby) and my husband loves my post baby body more than before (I'm convinced it's the boobs)... and I'm learning to be more comfortable with my belly (the stretch marks are there forever whether I lose the spare tire or not!)...

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.... unfortunately like these super human women, I lost my metabolism when I birthed! I'm excited that I'm excited to feel fit again, that's for sure... and let me tell ya... I cannot WAIT to post some freakin great before/after pics!!!

Replies

• washington_apple
    washington_apple Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh gotta love those stretch marks and jelly belly tummies no matter how hard we work at exercising and eating right!! Love your post and believe me when I say you are so not alone!! I hid my tummy for years and finally a few years ago looked in the mirror and said to myself i don't look that bad even with the stretch marks and who the heck cares what people think anyways so have been wearing my bikini proudly since :) As long as my boyfriend and your husband think we're hot that's all that matters right?

Being healthy is important however so am eating right and exercising is a good thing! Keep up the good work and we'll look fwd to those before and afters!
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    Just so you know before ready, there may be cursing... I just never know, hehe....

So I've only had 1 baby, he is now 2 (3 in July)..... I went about 37 weeks without getting them, then BAM they hit with a VENGEANCE!!! So, needless to say, my prayers for a bikini body have flown out the window.

I just read a thread, full of post-baby success stories, and seriously... these women have like NO SIGNS of birthing a child. My boobs got HUGE because I breastfed, and now they aren't saggy, but they're definitely different than before, and my belly... OMG, it's seriously like a bowl of jelly... I don't ever see recovery from that, lol....

I'll be honest, it's very inspiring to know that I'm not the only one that gained 70 lbs while pregnant, BUT... there's no way I'm looking like Gwen Stefani post baby, lol.... some women get all the luck!

OH well, I have learned to love the body I was given (and got after a baby) and my husband loves my post baby body more than before (I'm convinced it's the boobs)... and I'm learning to be more comfortable with my belly (the stretch marks are there forever whether I lose the spare tire or not!)...

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.... unfortunately like these super human women, I lost my metabolism when I birthed! I'm excited that I'm excited to feel fit again, that's for sure... and let me tell ya... I cannot WAIT to post some freakin great before/after pics!!!

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!

When I first started losing weight I had super unrealistic goals for myself. I am starting to be more comfortable in my skin and I realize hey, it's okay !
  • courtfort
    courtfort Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eight weeks ago I gave birth to my second child... and the stretch marks are intense! Let's not get started on my belly :) Thanks for your post. I totally get it!
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. My stomach looks like I was attacked by a cat's claws. Lol! But at least I can wear a tankini. My boobs are huge. I am praying to God that they tighten up as I lose weight. I don't want to have to tie those suckers around my neck to keep them from dragging on the floor. Lol! Just kidding, but you get my drift. You are not alone. I will be 30 this year and I am at a point now where I am saying whats on my mind and getting more confortable with my body. Maybe it comes with age.