Ripped in 30 / SHOULDER / Rotator cuff Injury

Options
Just posting this topic as I curious if anyone else has experienced this injury by doing ripped in 30? The weights I use are really light, around 1.1kg or 2. something pounds.

I may have been experiencing the pain first of all at night a few days ago but now I have the pain during the day. I literally figured today that this isnt a sore muscle its something else.

Just wondering how long it took for your pain to go away and does it reoccur? is there anything I can do other than pain killers & ice to speed up the healing.

Im 20 years old also.

Replies

• irishdaneangel
    Options
    If you really have a rotator cuff injury - go to your doctor and get a referral to physical therapy BEFORE doing anything else. Seriously - you could risk many yrs or pain and injury. I had an old hockey injury - a very minor tear that I kept reinjuring by lifting my kids. I finally went to Phys Therapy and it improved significantly, and in the right time. You will be much stronger in the end. Probably 10-12 weeks of rehab. AND, you might require surgery to repair the rotator and if you don't go to doctor, you won't know.

After the Phys Therapy, my shoulder was so much stronger, but you might have injured doing not the weight exercises, but the planks. Make sure you strengthen the shoulder as all the planks exercises but incredible tension and stress on your shoulders. You do have to work up to plank work gradually. I did each of the Week 1 and Week 2 exercises about 9-10 days with about every 3rd or 4th day off (a total of almost 2 weeks per workout level week). If you do that, then you build strength to do the harder stuff in weeks 3 and 4.

Good Luck!