• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Deleting my post....it sounded dirty once I re-read it.....:laugh:

No it didn't. It sounded funny, and by the way I agree with you!!!:laugh:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    thank you all again..but like i said we only drink once in a while.it's not everyday or every weekend..just after a long hard week or a nice hot summer night...beside beer goes right for the belly and thats what i'm looking to get rid of....lol
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Nothing good will come if you drink 10 beers in one day (famous last words).

:angry:
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :Hefeweizen with a lemon makes the day brighter, and has about 150 calories in 12 ounces--well worth the calories, and after a couple of "Hef's" you can ignore the devil, and if he gives you any trouble, slather him with "cool whip." :laugh: :laugh:

And by the way, someone said they didn't like Michelob Ultra--I agree on the regular flavor, but they have a lime version that is quite pleasant, and not too overpowering like the Bud Lime can be.

Hmm, I'll have to try the Ultra Lime flavor. I don't like Bud Lite Lime. Way to Limey
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I have found it is not available in every store. The one place I can mention that I know they have in your state of AZ(checked your location on your profile) is Walmart. I love my microbrews, but whe I want a very nice light beer with a good flavor, the Ultra Lime fills the bill.

I wonder what would happen if you took a slice of lime and squeezed some of the juice into a regular Ultra? Just a thought.
  • ShawnaLynn
    ShawnaLynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, anytime you drink it puts a hold on fat loss....alcohol does a number on your body...research it and you may think differently about your weekly beer. :) Goodluck!
  • fspierce
    fspierce Posts: 9
    Options
    I too enjoy a cold beer on the weekends and summertime. Bud Light is my favorite. It has 110 calories. I've never tried the MG 64, but heard it's not too good. Miller lite though, I think has 100 calories. Or if you like Mike's hard lemonade or smirnoff ice. They do make a light version of that with 90 calories. Have fun. Enjoy once in a while. You can't be deprived of everything to lose a pound.
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I agree FSPierce. This is a lifestyle change, not a punitive exercise. Obviously, if you drink a case of beer a day or hit the scotch hard, you are going to have a hard time being healthy, much less managing weight loss.

I probably enjoy a beer or two or a cocktail or two every week or so, and I am content with my progress--18 lbs in 8 weeks is nothing to sneeze at--but I don't feel I am deprived, so i can carry on with my current eating habits indefinitely and expect to continue losing.