sodium intake

Options
Okay, so I've noticed lately that my sodium intake always seems to be on the high side. What are some ways to help reduce this? What do you do?

Replies

• lthomas42
    lthomas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Took a quick peek at your diary. It's the prepackaged food that's hurting your sodium. If it's a frozen store bought meal, it's gonna have more sodium than you need. Sodium is a preservative, so it makes those things last forever. But they put so much in that it's craziness.

Fresh is always better. Fresh chicken, fresh fish. Buy it fresh, freeze it yourself, and then you can always cook it the night before for your lunch the next day. Fish is especially easy. It takes about 5 minutes in a pan, and is super high in protein, and is low cal, just use a bit of cooking spray in the pan, and add natural herbs! Delish and fast!
  • starshine420
    Options
    Yeah, it's easier to just grab that stuff when I'm at work. I can never remember to bring something in. Guess I gotta get better at that, thanks!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    in the meantime, you could also track you potassium intake and make sure that its at least equal to your sodium, but preferably more than.
    also drinking more water will help