What to eat before going to gym

Options
Please give some good examples of hi energy food before going to gym..thanks!!

Replies

• rhirhi11
    Options
    you should aim to eat something low gi like porridge an hour at the least before a work out.....with a banana...

if you need a snack then dried fruit and nuts a handful before u enter the gym, depending on your work out.

hope this helps.
  • stanley12345
    stanley12345 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please give some good examples of hi energy food before going to gym..thanks!!

On cardio days, brown bread slice with 1 tablespoon of nutella. This is more magnificient than any energy bar out there.
    If you get gooseberry jam, thats a great alternative too..
    The snack packs around 200 calories, so make sure you end up burning atleast 800-1000 calories on your cardio days.

For weights, black coffee in the morning with skimmed milk
  • tristahenry
    Options
    I think it really depends on what your doing at the gym and when you're eating. I'm a cardio kid myself so I have to make sure I have several small meals a day and eat a handful of nuts with either an apple or piece of cheese about an hour before my runs (no longer than an hour). I also make sure I have at least a full bottle of water with that snack since they say if you wait till you're thirsty you're too late to stop dehydration. I would imagine any snack with the combo of slow buring sugars, fiber and protein would be a good choice. When I'm just doing strength training, I cut that snack in half because I don't need as much long sustaining energy.

Also, not that you asked (sorry to troll) but what you put in your body after your workout is just as important. I refuel with sugar free chocolate skim milk.
  • Jay_blaze23
    Options
    What about after work out.? Is it true that ice cream is good for gaining muscles? I lost 45 lbs so far but i want to put on some muscles
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I had a bowl of porridge made with milk before body pump this morning - simple + complex carbs = session of WINNING!