Need advice on diary please!

Options
Can someone take a look at today's entry. This is a typical eating day for me. I will have a 175 calorie protein shake after workout, and probably a fruit/veggie snack after as well. I am honestly full, ate two full plates of food for lunch and dinner, and am still way under calories. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thanks :) Also, I will probably burn close to 450 calories in my workout tonight, give or take a few. Thanks!

Replies

• motivated_kel
    motivated_kel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mlks2012
    Options
    I am no expert by any means, but are you eating breakfast? That would get you closer to your points.
  • motivated_kel
    Options
    yep! :) i ate the chobani nonfat greek yogurt blueberry with some granola mixed in. I have class every morning at 8 a.m. and I like to try and get all the sleep I can, so I would rather not have to wake up extra early to make breakfast!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, had a look at your diary, you are in the lucky position of getting to add some calorie dense (but nutritious) foods to your day.

My favs are :
    Avocados
    Raw nuts
    Peanut butter (YUM!)
    Olive oil (on salads)
    Salmon
    Greek yoghurt
    Cheese :)
  • motivated_kel
    Options
    bump bump.

and thanks for the suggestions! I wish I liked avocado, but unfortunately I HATE it so much. The texture and color get to me, bleh.
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    cheese, milk, and more fruits and veggies are my picks.

Right when I get home from work I usually have 1oz of cheese with some turkey pepperoni (no crackers)
    Before working out I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter, After working out 1 glass of milk and a banana

If you have the time the night before or in the morning maybe try switching to plain Chobani yogurt and adding in a tablespoon of honey and half a cup of fresh fruit.

Other things I like are cucumbers and carrots with either hummus or salad dressing as a snack. Grapes are portable and easy to eat.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Can someone take a look at today's entry. This is a typical eating day for me. I will have a 175 calorie protein shake after workout, and probably a fruit/veggie snack after as well. I am honestly full, ate two full plates of food for lunch and dinner, and am still way under calories. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thanks :) Also, I will probably burn close to 450 calories in my workout tonight, give or take a few. Thanks!

Your diary today is wrong. The macros you listed = 597 calories not 1200. You might want o understand that calories are calculated like this:

■1 gram of protein yields 4 calories
    ■1 gram of carbohydrate yields 4 calories
    ■1 gram of fat yields 9 calories

If you log your foods and they aren't close, you typically chose something that is either flat out wrong or incorrect. Always use your macro math to double check an entry.

With that being said, 5 grams of fat per day (it true) is woefully, and almost dangerously low.