Ladies: What Multi-Vitamins do you take?

Options

Replies

• maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I used to take Centrum or Womens One a Day but then I read the inactive ingredients and decided to cut out all the unnecessary added chemicals and fillers.

I now take Nature Made Multi and love them!

http://www.naturemade.com/Products/Multivitamins/Multi-Complete
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum Ultra Women's multivitamin, and Biotin.
  • ryanallison
    Options
    Every night before bed I take otc prenatal vitamins and 4000 units of vitamin D per dr.'s suggestion.
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I take Holland and Barrett Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg and Vitamin B-100 complex slow release, they've been great!
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I actually called and spoke to the company to see which Vitamin would work best for my needs. It depends on how active you are. Vitamins are essential, especially if you are working out your body truly needs them. That being said, I work out intensely 5-6 days a week. I take

One A Day
    Women's Active Metabolism
    Complete Multivitamin Plus More to Support:
    Metabolism
    Physical Energy
    Bone Strength & Breast Health

Vitamin A 2500 IU
    Vitamin C 60mg
    Vitamin D 800 IU
    Vitamin E 22.5 IU
    Vitamin K 25mcg
    Thiamin (B1) 2.4mg
    Riboflavin (B2) 2.7mb
    Niacin 10mg
    Vitamin B6 3.2mg
    Folic Acid 400mcg
    Vitamin B12 9.5mcg
    Biotin 30mcg
    Pantothenic Acid 5 mb
    Calcium 300mg
    Iron 18mg
    Magnesium 50mg
    Zinc 15mg

There is Caffeine in it as well 120mg.
    Hope this helps!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum Chewables in orange flavor and :heart: them.

I used to take the larger multi-vitamins (Centrum,One-A-Day, etc.) and they would all make me nauseous and upset stomach......

I also take Vitamin D3 daily and Citrical Calcium chewies daily per my doctors.....
  • ericapage
    ericapage Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I take B-12 vitamins along with Calcium/Magnesium & Zinc. I get PMS and it helps mellow me out and gives me energy. I alternate taking the B-12 vitamins with Hair, Skin Nails vitamins. I have thin hair and those really make a difference.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    none at all, and very happy I don't need any. A balanced diet is the secret :)
  • j_desmet
    j_desmet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I take Irwin Natural's Living Green Gel Multi for Women. Has whole food veggie concentrate, 12 key nutrition groups and vit D3, cranberry and omega 3. Recommended by my nutritionist.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thank you all so so much for all your replies. I think I will start off with Vitamin D and Iron which I know I need for sure. I will definately add Vitamin B to see if it will aid with my hair. I will definately look into the others. THANKS!!! I'm hitting the store after work today. :bigsmile:
  • indiesongstress
    indiesongstress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been buying the Trader Joe's brand, and haven't had any issues with them. I take a multi-vitamin (gummies for adults, because I'm a sucker :)) and then I've also added Vitamin D supplements to my diet. I sit inside for work, and definitely am deficient since I can't be out and about in the sunshine. A nutritionist once told me that D is really important to maintaining a healthy weight, so I'm all about it!
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    New Chapter - Every Woman's One Daily. A good vitamin is worth the money.......oh, the good 'ol balanced diet works well too:wink:
  • ahyland1
    ahyland1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nature Spring Pre-Natal Vitamins (two a day)
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i take the one a day gummies & glucosamine & chondroitin, omega 3 fish oil & iron Nature's Valley for the latter 3.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I didn't read all of the other posts so I don't know if anyone else has touched on this or not... but prenatal vitamins aren't what gives you the healthy locks - that would be the lovely pregnancy hormones (and even they don't do their job 100% of the time... my hair went the lackluster route when I was pregnant).

And I'd talk to a Dr. before starting any multivitamin. You might be getting enough from the food you eat. Vitamins are great - but - You can get too much of a good thing.

:)
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Thats funny, I take this exact combo! B,C,D and Fish Oil
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i just take generic prenatal vitamins.. have since i got pregnant w/my oldest..who is now almost 4
  • bostonannie57
    Options
    Try taking vitamins at night before you go to bed, if they make you nauseous in the morning. My dr. suggested that and it works great.
  • Jillcra
    Options
    I have tried so many over the counter multi-vitamins and finally found one that makes me feel great, it is Puristat's Advanced Supplementation. I have been using it for the last 6 months and wouldn't go with anything else at this point. I take them in the morning and evening.
  • waanju
    waanju Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just take B12. studies have shown that sometimes vitamins do more harm than good, but B12 is important because I don't eat animal products.