Back-handed NSV

Options
Nicoleo1
Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
I'm freaking out a little bit. I have to travel for work and I will be mingling with lots of people and clients for several days starting later this week. Last year, I would try on all my clothes to make sure I didn't look to fat in them... or to make sure all the buttons would do up without gaping etc...
So today I started trying on clothes and had to stop. They're all too big. Next week this will be a total victory. This week this is a disaster. I have to present myself to people and clothes are all 2 - 3 sizes too big. :sad:
I know there are definately worse things... but since I don't have time to buy clothes right now I'm going out in public looking dumpy despite my weight loss. :huh: :angry: :grumble:

Replies

• kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do you have a 2nd hand or thrift store around. A black skirt, slacks and a couple tops can get you through! Maybe a cute cardigan or blazer. Can you borrow from a friend?

Enjoy the victory! Hope you get it worked out!!
  • alphabettie
    alphabettie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! Can you get a few items tailored in the meantime?
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Would it be possible to get someone to take them in as much as they can for you?
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    That is stressful! In addition to looking for a couple of key pieces at a thrift store, do you have any friends who might be able to lend you some clothes?

And congratulations on the loss, that's fabulous - keep focus on that big picture!!
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    Thrift stores! And Friends and family....ask around someone may have the same size in stuff you need :)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize. I am going to be working somewhere soon that requires "nice" clothes all the time and am very concerned about how often I am going to have to buy new clothes! Currently I wait until things are way too big (like 2 sizes) but that doesn't really look professional...
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Will try to hit a thrift store before I leave but time is tight!!! Nobody around is the same size... they're all teeeeeny. My mom has offered to take some stuff in and she said she can "whip up" a skirt or two for me, but well... lets just say that we usually ask her NOT to make us stuff!!!
    I'm feeling a little better, thanks everyone. I won't be naked at work, (I have a home office and I usually wear yoga pants or jeans or PJ's) but I guess I'll have to plan carefully!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Been there done that! The boss actually told me I had to go shopping...at the time i was a size 18 wearing 24s.safety pins were my best friends.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!