the downside to loosing weight/inches

Options

Replies

• gkpass
    gkpass Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hope it will be okay to share this here, but after posting to my wall for my friends about it, I remembered this post about the downside of losing and thought perhaps you could use the link too. My husband and I have been doing our internet searches using a free search engine that rewards us for using it. We've been doing this since April 2010 and have consistently made extra money... not a lot mind you, but enough for lunch here and there or if saved, enough to buy some extra clothing items for the changing wardrobe. Anyway, here is that link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Compassion I hope you find it helpful.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'd really like for this to be my problem soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    totally understand. I did belts for a while but then things got way to loose. Donated about 10 garbage bags full of clothes and just bought clearance stuff until I was ready to go into maintenance.
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i have had to get all new cloths
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I was whinging about that about half an hour ago! My 'favourite skirt' won't fit :(
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm donating 3-4 bags of clothes every 3 months or so; charity shops are the only way to go until I get to my goal. I simply can't see paying a ton of money, even on clearance, when I'm only going to wear the things for a few months. Come warmer weather I'm going to have to box up all my short sleeved tees and shirts as they will be far too baggy.
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear ya on this one. Congrats on having nothing to wear...that is awesome......but this can also be overwhelming! Keep up the losing!

12309460.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • filesbabythree
    Options
    I just logged in to discuss something very similar. I started as a 20/22 and now I'm down 25 lbs and went to a store today and fit very nicely into a 16W but I have a lot farther to go. So how often do you recommend replacing sizes? Every size would be far too expensive for me, but can you get away with every 3 sizes or every other size? I plan on checking Goodwill this weekend and some clearance sales.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Same problem. Helped by the fact that I have some clothes that never fit that are now fitting (often first time ever!) I work opposite a clearance place and I'm going to opp shops too.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You poor dear!...lol! Congratulations!!!
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    Im there with you!! Take off the inches and put on the belt. I laughed when I read that you are always pulling up your pants~me too. Just not quite enough off yet to buy new ones.
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    My solution to this (I have lost just short of 90lbs since April last year) has been dresses! You can cling on to dresses for a few sizes longer than pants and shirts and they help you avoid having to buy new clothes every now and then. I've gone from a UK size 20 to a UK size 8/10 and I just couldn't have afforded to buy new pants for every new clothes size (I'm on an income of £8000 a year) so the dresses have been a life saver!

I donated all of my non-fitting clothes to charity and I buy anything new that I desperately need from charity shops or from sales in already discounted clothes shops such as George or Peacocks.

Another solution, though this didn't work for me because of my already low income, was to put away a pound for a pound. For every pound I lost, I would put £1 into a savings account with the intention of spending it on clothes when it got to the point where I really needed them! You could maybe even get a friend or family member to sponsor you a small amount for each lb or 10 lbs or whatever that you lose!
  • patmc35
    patmc35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    good for you better that than them too tight
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem yet (I just seriously started 3 weeks ago), but I'm one of the few people who kept all their old clothes and didn't buy many trendy things, so I have sizes ranging from 0 to 18. I spent this weekend sorting my clothes into Space Bags based on size so that I can just easily grab that size when I'm ready. Some of it was already done, but most of it was just hanging haphazardly in my closet laughing at me that I would never fit into it again!
    Keep losing and good job :)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    bought a fancy red satin pencil skirt for a hawt date...wore it once. now it's too big. This keeps happening to me!!!!!!!

oh and I'm cold ALL the time!!!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Buy a belt and bask in the fact that you are too thin for your own clothes!

^
    this. I got a belt that has holes all the way of the belt. end to end. but then my friends and family complain I look like a clown with oversized poofy jeans. I can't win. :sad:
    So tell THEM "FIne-if you don't want me to look like this, then buy me some new clothes! I'm not buying them until I'm where I want to be!"
  • girllimberlost
    Options
    And... Your shoes will stop fitting and you will have to buy new shoes, especially slip-ons.

And, where I work I wear a custom earpiece, which keeps falling out now because my ears are less fat.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    then walk around naked, you deserve it in a good way
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Buy a belt and bask in the fact that you are too thin for your own clothes!

^
    this. I got a belt that has holes all the way of the belt. end to end. but then my friends and family complain I look like a clown with oversized poofy jeans. I can't win. :sad:

oh I soooooooo have the same issue, wanna start a side show, coco and bobo ??
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!

need to get together and start a garage sale!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!