Lunch

Options
Hey guys! During your weight loss journey, what do you typically take to work for lunch? I like my sandwiches, but Im thinking I should start staying away from breads. Keep in mind, I hate tuna LOL

Replies

• nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Salad (chop up everything and mix it together when you are ready to eat so veggies don't get soggy
    Leftover soup/stew
    Whatever is left over the night before (make sure to always cook enough for a couple leftovers)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm not a very good cook and try to do it as little as possible. My usually lunch is either leftovers from dinner the night before, a big salad with lots of protein on it or protein shakes. Usually it is salad (okay lettuce and tomatoes as I don't really like veggies) with chicken or turkey and a bit of Ken's light creamy Caesar dressing. The protein is good at keeping me full until dinner. I stay away from cheese and croutons even though they are yummy.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Chicken.

Leftover dinner from the night before. Most of the time I cook my lunches for the week on Sunday. And its mostly variations of chicken. I love chicken lol.
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    I usually grab a yogurt chobani from the convenience store. The protein in it helps keep me full until dinner.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    How strange, I was just talking to my mate at work about this very thing.

I've found that typically to eat healthy I have to buy my food (grilled fish and salad), and if I take food from home its always loaded with carbs (pasta, rice with meat, sandwiches, etc.)

I wonder if anyone has any great ideas for getting some foods from the supermarket and making something delicious out of it? I can only stomach fruit salads with yoghurts once every few days lol
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I love subway! I eat salads...Naked chicken tenders....
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I work from home so I don't have to pack a lunch..... but some ideas from when I was out during the day walking dogs for the first part of my weight loss journey...
    You could use wraps -- they make delish high fiber low carb tortilla wraps with less than 100 calories in them if you want something sandwichy...
    salads with grilled chicken.
    veggies & hummus
    nuts
    greek yogurt
    vitatops
    fruit
    protein bars
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary! I tend to get creative :D
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I typically take a spring mix and spinach salad with raw pecans and some T. Marzetti's Pomegranite Vinagrette dressing and a turkey and lettuce on a whole wheat tortilla wrap, maybe with some Philadelphia Garden vegetable cream cheese (just enough to make the tortilla ends stick...maybe 1/32 of a serving lol. It keeps me full until dinner, and I use the 40 calorie tortilla shells when I can find them, so the wrap isn't a lot of calories either.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I found santa fe homestyle whole grain tortillas (100 calories) that I really like to make wraps out of. The past week I have had chicken and pizza sauce with spinich, Pepper steak, Chicken Fajita, Chicken bbq with onions and green peppers, and Honey Mustard Chicken with spinich. They normally are around 250 calories each and are very filling.
  • JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Rice, veg and tuna or chicken.... religiously
  • Asavitzk
    Options
    I've found these things called "sandwich thins" and similar products like the Goldfish Bread which is available in whole wheat and only has 100 calories for the entire 2-piece serving. I can take one of those, some slices of turkey, 1/2 tblspoon miracle whip and some mustard and have a great sandwich for under 300 cals.
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My lunch is usually leftovers from the week with a piece of fruit and a Special K bar. I've been making salads a lot too, topped with either chicken or turkey, and little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper and salt.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I usually alternate between greek salads with chicken and balsamic dressing, meatballs with a side garden salad, a fresh continental roll with cheese, turkey and avocado or some sort of rice/soy sauce/tuna combination.

Depends on when I'm exercising that day and how intensely.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    -Leftovers
    -Sandwiches! (Natural peanutbutter, egg salad (light mayo), tuna (light mayo), low sodium chicken or turkey breast & veggies, veggies & hummus)
    -Greek yogurt, almonds, protein bar
    -Protein shake
    -Salads
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like the sandwich thins or bagel thins...I split one wedge of Laughing Cow or WW Spredable Chese and add turkey pepperoni to it...YUM!! About 210 calories....
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    - Leftovers
    -Salad
    - I'll make a frozen chili, stew or soup and freeze in single serve containers.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Sandwich, Peanut Butter/Nuttella Sandwich, Egg Sandwich, Brown Rice w/ Chicken n Veggies, some snacks such as yogurt or other things that are good as a snack such as string cheese, etc.

Some of the stuff I eat
  • mattkellett
    Options
    whats wrong with doing a big bake on Sunday, bbq some fish, chicken, make something using ground turkey breast. then freeze it and pull out the baggie when needed. Ensure you have some veg , either cooked or raw, and a small portion of complex carbs (sweet potato, brown or wild rice)

just some thoughts, it is work in preperation to make your week easier.

Matt.
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    I think it's ready pac, they make these "ready snax" and most are pretty healthy. I had one of the higher calorie ones today, which had carrots, celery, hummus, and sunflower seeds. It was 220 cals and delicious. I tend to spready my food out throughout the day, so before that I had a nonfat Greek yogurt, and after lunch I had some almonds, then some turkey and an apple:) not hungry once and all very delicious