Pat on the Back, but kick in the Backside!!!

Options
I do enjoy the pats on the back, even for small successes and accomplishments, but also LOVE & WANT the encouragement that a kick in the pants provides!

I definitely feel like I need those pushes and challenges that members could provide....not just an 'atta girl'....

What about you??? Do you want both or just the 'high fives'?

Replies

• jmaffett
    Options
    Yeah ... I like the kick in the butt. I'm always hesitant to give too many kicks in the butt on message boards because it seems mean if I don't really know the person and I'm afraid of hurting their feelings.

I also like the "atta girls", and give a lot of those, mainly because I think it helps to show that someone sees what you're up to, or NOT up to. I did a workout challenge on WW years ago and some days that little check in made a big difference to me.

I just find that I often don't have enough time to write much more than "wtg" ... so I figure it's better to give a little cheer rather than say nothing at all.

But I don't mind a kick in the a** from time to time. Unfortunately I get too many of those from my "I don't have a problem being disciplined" husband. Love him, but wish he'd screw up and eat a big old hamburger like the rest of us!
  • kate1959
    Options
    I am all for the kick in the pants..kick away! I would much rather get it from y'all than my husband. 8-) I just got back from run/walk and really did NOT want to do it. It is 7:30pm here and 80 degrees!
  • edyck
    edyck Posts: 4
    Options
    I very much so need and want a huge massive kick in the backside! But I do like getting a high five for a goal reached. But then get right back to kicking!