Operation: Fit into my pants. Hi all!

Options
Hi MFP folks!

I'm not a forum-posting kind of gal, but after reading all the before and after stories this afternoon, I felt the need for a little hello. My sister and her friend have been using this site for a while (hi gals!); they find it valuable and have found their own success. I almost feel a little nerdy with how much inspiration I feel reading your stories and seeing what a wonderful job you all have done of losing the pounds and feeling great. Maybe I'll find some new internet-pals and inspire someone else!

Knowing what to do is super easy isn’t it? Exercise and don't be a glutton! But why finding that 30 mins a day has eluded me all this time, I'll never know. I've had spurts of gym memberships for the last ten years, two years ago I lost about 12-15 lbs just using the elliptical! (gained back, of course). But I'm 30 now and feeling older, my knees hate the stairs, my eyes need bigger font on the computer! Frankly as I'm sure you all know, I'm just sick and tired of it. So here I go. Back on here since December 2011, around 200lbs give or take (gasp! Public weight disclosure!!). My goal right now is 170, and we'll see where that goes from there. December wasn't mind-blowing but at least I went to the gym at least 3 days a week. I'm going to PACE and aiming for 3-5 days a week. I will be happy with 4-5 days, but won't get down on myself for weeks when it's just 3, because that's better then sitting home. I am doing the circuit and the occasional solo-cardio day, and I’m trying to take in a class a week to mix it up. I'm also counting other things like bowling (or snow shoveling) and whatever else I might be able to make count! Like maybe water aerobics this Sunday! The diet is harder, I hate everything, but if I can just minimize and throw some fruit in there and eat less take out, that'll be good for me. I haven’t had a diet soda all day!

So there you have it, as brief as it is. I hope to have before and after pictures some day too! Keep up the good work everyone, can’t wait to read more about it! And before I go, here is a quote I found on Cracked.com article, it’s nice! The whole article is amusing, check it out!

Take care,
Amanda :smile:

“Losing weight after being fat for a long time seems like a monumentally impossible task, like climbing Mt. Everest, or in some cases, a flight of stairs. Either way, going from the way you are to being a "normal" weight can sometimes seem like a ridiculous fantasy. That's why when you succeed with changing one tiny habit, it can change your whole perspective. It's not this monstrous solid mountain you have to overcome, it's just a big pile of stones, and you just easily picked one up and moved it. It's not about heaving the whole thing aside with some supernatural effort, it's just about moving one stone at a time. And the first one wasn't so bad, so you're stoked to grab a couple more.”

Read more: The 8 People Who Will Ruin Your Attempt to Lose Weight | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-8-people-who-will-ruin-your-attempt-to-lose-weight/#ixzz1dryntJRR

Replies

• amandamb22
    amandamb22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also if anyone can tell me what NSV stands for on the message boards.... ? Please do!
  • DanniD1976
    DanniD1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HEY AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved your post!!! If there is EVER anything I can do to help you out I am more the willing to do it........even if its just a work of encouragment or a kick in the *kitten*....lol!!! The next time your out here you, me and your sister should go to the gym together!!!

Keep at it because getting started is the biggest hurdle and you've already accomplished that!! YAY YOU!!!!

Danielle :flowerforyou:

p.s. NSV means "Non-Scale Victory" like fitting into a pair of jeans that you haven't been able to wear in years......that kind of thing. Something to be proud of that has nothing to do with the number on the scale!!!!
  • amandamb22
    Options
    Aha awesome! I could tell what all the examples were getting at but couldn't figure out the term :) you're doing awesome Danielle! We will def do something next time I'm in :)
  • tjolley2much
    Options
    Hey -- our story is so similar so maybe we can inspire each other:) Glad you asked about NSV cuz I have been meaning to.

I am struggling more with the food part than the exercise part. I really enjoy my workouts and am trying to mix it up a bit too like you described.

Just wanted to say welcome and keep us posted.

TJ

PS love the article
  • Deanne_B
    Options
    So I've finally seen these postings...apparently I can't see them on my iphone! So proud of you for getting on this, congrats on the loss this week! You've got some pretty awesome goals, nothing you can't handle! Wish I was near so we could do stuff together! Keep it up!! XO
  • kasicrawford
    Options
    I loved you story! Sounds exactly like mine! You can add me as a friend if you like...
  • dariennep
    dariennep Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You had me hooked just based on the title of your thread! :)
  • amandamb22
    Options
    Deanne I know the app doesn't haVe the messages and stuff, I can see that ppl have posted but can't click on it! Gotta go into the web browser and login. It was 197 this morning but I'm not going to get too excited and I will wait until next Mon again!