Bowel irregularities

Options
Not the most pleasant of topics, but i've been having problems feeling sort of constipated over the past week -- and weight loss has stalled a bit as a result -- even though i'm eating plenty of fiber.
I generally eat all my calories and eat back most of my exercise calories. I eat pretty healthy -- a few convenience things like laughing cow cheese and rice cakes, -- but I'm wondering if this problem is a result of too little fat?? My fat grams seem to come out a little lower than target ranges, generally speaking. As I said, I tend to be at or above the targets for my fiber, so i'm a little surprised things aren't 'flowing' through, so to speak. It's not to a drastic point, but I just don't feel right.

If I need to up my fat, how can I get a little more w/out going over my cals?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Maybe swap out something you usually eat that is around 200 cals and replace it with some nuts? Nuts are high in calories but also in fat and for the most part it's a healthy fat.

Are you drinking enough water? Increasing fibre can make you consitpated if you aren't drinking enough water.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Days I eat horribly, I have no problem going to the restroom. Days I eat healthy, I always have a hard time *sigh*
  • patmc35
    patmc35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water?
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    hot sauce / picante will clear that up easily !:mad:
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My new friend in moderation is castor oil...Little goes a long way :laugh:
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink lots of water when you are eating lots of fiber. Water binds with fiber so it moves through your system much more happily :)