A question for the ladies!

Options

Replies

• dnewton123
    Options
    I've eaten the slim fast bars....the chocolate caramel is my favorite. I may try to drink my chocolate though since I never thought of that and I like hot chocolate.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You get 500 extra calories during your time of the month. One chocolate bar won't kill you, and if you're craving it, you obviously need it. =D
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    a bit of any one thing won't hurt you....it's all about the serving and your calorie intake. gotta keep things real
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have to say, so far, I've done great! If I do feel the need to have some chocolate, I'll buy some sugar free or fat free cookies. It doesn't always satisfy that craving, but it sure does help! :)

The good news is...I bet I weigh less. Because I'm so bloated right now. After this week, it better go down and it better make me smile! LOL.
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    try nutella and pretzels! chocolatey and salty - which i know are my big cravings!
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    I go for the skinny cow candy bar or a fiber one brownie :love: both curb my craving and then I don't go overboard!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Gotta have some choclate of some kind-even when its not "that time" :) Blue bunny makes some good treats with not too many calories
  • family_girl2626
    Options
    I have occasionally added chocolate to my diet but I make sure I log it. The one thing I have done however has been adding soy chocolate milk to my diet. It satisfies my cravings and is good for you as well.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If I need or even just want chocolate, I measure out chocolate chips. If I want BAD chocolate I have a 100 calorie snickers ice cream mini bar :)
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I must be the odd ball. I don't have cravings during that time!
  • Tslink89
    Options
    anyone that can eat one hersheys kiss has way more willpower than I. I say sugar free chocolate pudding cup does the trick!
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have found that quaker chocolate rice cakes r amazing. They curbed all my cravings and r good for u. Heck I even put a little bit of peanut butter on one and it tasted just like a reeses peanut butter cup. YUMMY
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You get 500 extra calories during your time of the month. One chocolate bar won't kill you, and if you're craving it, you obviously need it. =D

Ive never heard the 500 extra calories thing. Then again, my period's pretty whack so I just may not have paid attention.
    Can someone explain this please? (The "extra calories", not my attention deficit.)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the swiss miss 25 cal hot coco. For an extra 8cals werthers makes sugar free hard candy (coffee caramel is my favorite) and I put in in the hot coco when it is really hot- I let it melt and it adds a little extra to the hot coco :flowerforyou:
  • lisalouc
    lisalouc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The cocoa covered almonds are pretty good and satisfying because the protein holds you over. I believe they are made by Blue Diamond. (I'm referring to the cocoa powder coating, not the chocolate covered ones!) Also, NuGo makes dark chocolate protein bars that are really tasty. Mint chocolate are the best! If I don't have time for breakfast or lunch, one of those helps keep me from binging on something I really shouldn't.
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karismalynn
    Options
    Wow! Lots of suggestions! And i LOVE Nutella! I forgot I had some in the house! Thanks for sharing ladies! :)
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I buy no sugar added chocolate ice cream or dark chocolate truffles... :)
  • Alyssa5107
    Options
    I agree with maybe a hershey kiss or something small like that but if you can absolutely avoid it I would do that. I've noticed that with the calories I have been alotted each day it really adds up.
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm new here but I take my calcium with a chocolate chew (Target brand - they taste better); one in the morning and one at bedtime. That way I am getting a fix and doing something good for myself. Also, in the past frozen chocolate chips do the trick too. Can't eat them fast because they are frozen so you have to let them melt and savor the taste :)