Why do I still feel hungry?

Options
I'm counting calories and eating as healthy as I possibly can. But I'm feeling hungry a lot more now! Could anyone look at my diary and help me out? Are there some foods I should be eating more of or less? I just had lunch about an hour ago and I'm starving already. What is wrong with me? Lol, help!

P.s - I'm very new to this!

Replies

• raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but seems like some vegies would help I know it makes a difference for me low calorie and feeling. Salad or cooked :) Good luck
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Because you're not eating enough. Out of the last 3 days you've gone over 1000cal, once. Eat what it recommends and you won't feel hungry. More protein and fiber also keep you feeling fuller for longer.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You need to work on eating the 1200 calories. I'd also reduce carbs and increase protien. Also add in some additional veggies. You want your carbs coming from fruit and veggies.
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating veggies, I've never enjoyed the taste. The only veggie I like is lettuce but I usually only eat it if it's mixed in my food, like tacos or something. Anything other suggestions that would still give me the same results? "/
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Ok, even if you're an oatmeal person, the instant stuff won't be satisfying for long, and certainly not proportionate to the number of calories you're eating because of the sugar content.

Pasta will also not fill you up proportionate to the calories either. Whole grain pasta would be better than white, but you're still not talking about a particularly great food, especially for the calories. Go for protein oriented things.

After that, add and emphasize vegetables and more fruit (fruit instead of sugar on the cereal will fill you up more and give you more nutrition :) ).

Make those changes and you should start seeing an improvement. :)

Check out my diary if you want some suggestions for things to eat. :)
  • BettyyRoss
    Options
    Ok, even if you're an oatmeal person, the instant stuff won't be satisfying for long, and certainly not proportionate to the number of calories you're eating because of the sugar content.

Pasta will also not fill you up proportionate to the calories either. Whole grain pasta would be better than white, but you're still not talking about a particularly great food, especially for the calories. Go for protein oriented things.

After that, add and emphasize vegetables and more fruit (fruit instead of sugar on the cereal will fill you up more and give you more nutrition :) ).

Thank you so much! I never thought of adding fruits to my cereal, that's a wonderful idea.
  • firesoforion
    Options
    I don't like eating veggies, I've never enjoyed the taste. The only veggie I like is lettuce but I usually only eat it if it's mixed in my food, like tacos or something. Anything other suggestions that would still give me the same results? "/

Try different vegetables. They're important for your health and helpful for your diet. There's not much way around that.
  • firesoforion
    Options

Thank you so much! I never thought of adding fruits to my cereal, that's a wonderful idea.

:smile: It's so great! My favorites are peaches (when around) and bananas, but you can do anything. Delicious!
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    green smoothies...awesome

even with spinach as my #1 ingredient along with various fruits...sweet, way healthy, and ups those good numbers
  • BettyyRoss
    Options
    green smoothies...awesome

even with spinach as my #1 ingredient along with various fruits...sweet, way healthy, and ups those good numbers

I do love smoothies!
  • terirocks
    Options
    Are you only counting calories, or have you added exercise as well? If you have started exercising, that is going to boost your metabolism, so take that into consideration too!
  • BettyyRoss
    Options
    Are you only counting calories, or have you added exercise as well? If you have started exercising, that is going to boost your metabolism, so take that into consideration too!

No I exercise as well! I try to go at least 5 times a week.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Cut down the carbs (that doesn't come from fruits and veggies), especially pasta.
    Eat more protein.
    Eat more fat.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

No I exercise as well! I try to go at least 5 times a week.

Eat back those calories.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Cut down the carbs (that doesn't come from fruits and veggies), especially pasta.
    Eat more protein.
    Eat more fat.

This!!! Protein and good fats (saturated and monounsaturated) fill you up and keep you full for a long time. Starting the day off with a bowl of oatmeal (yes even the slow cooking kind) and some fruit will ensure you are hungry 2 hours later. I use to have this every morning and within 90 minutes my blood sugar would crash and I would get weak and start shaking like a leaf.

I switched over to a few eggs with a few pieces of uncured bacon and not only does it give me energy that lasts all day and I don't feel any hunger for about 5-6 hours or longer.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I would say you need more lean protein, less carbs (not including fruit and veg) - not much, more fruit and veg, try different things.

There are many things I hate ten years ago that I love now. Keep up with the water drinking. I do find when I start eating it makes me feel hungry so I try to eat breakfast late.

Since using this site I find that I'm actually eating more calories and not feeling as hungry as before.