New Size.

Options
I am 5'1" and currently weigh 207. I started at 225. I am still wearing the same size and I just can't tell a difference. Over the summer, I got down to 194 and I was still in the same size that I was in when I weighed 225.
Just wondering, for anyone who is the same height as I am, when did you go down in pants size?

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I am not the same height but I assure you that you aren't the only one that has this problem! At my lowest I was only 1 pant size lower than my highest even though there is a difference of 40 lbs
  • belliott08
    Options
    I lost 16 pounds over the summer & I never changed pant sizes either. They got a little lose on me but that's it. Keep it up the weight is coming off somewhere I promise!!! Just might not be where we want it at first!
  • sara_rose
    sara_rose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had the same problem. I had to drop 40 pounds to drop from a sizer 24 to a size 22. I am pretty tall (5'8") so the height is not the same, but I still had the same problem. Now I am down to a size 18 and have lost 53 pounds.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting because people keep telling me a loss of 6 kilos is a dress size but it really doesn't seem to make much sense. I think it's something that Weight Watchers say along with many other clubs.

The maths just doesn't add up.

If the 6 kilo thing was correct I should with a loss of only 30 kilos be a size 12. With my goal of losing over 60 kilos, double that, I will be awfully thin when I get there... ha ha

Australian sizes btw.

The main thing is we keep going and we will see results from somewhere on our body even if it's not always where we want it.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am down about 2 pant sizes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm not the same size but I have lost 30 lbs and have only gone down 1 jeans size. However I wear stretch, so I was wearing a TIGHT stretch 12 and now I wear a very loose stretch 10. I look and feel a thousand times better however. It's so hard not to get caught up in numbers, but a size is the same as the scale-- it's not necessarily the best indicator of progress. Hang in there and congrats on your losses!
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I think my size has something to do with it also... I am wearing a size 18. I think there is quite a large jump in inches to get down to a size 16 since 16 I believe is considered Juniors?