Can you lose...

Can you lose the "last 10 lbs" by switching to maintenance and do heavy lifting with SOME cardio? Or is it better to stick to a caloric deficit and exercise? The reason I ask is because I want to tone up some more too. So, I was wondering if I can do both (tone & lose the last 10 lbs) while set to maintenance? Or is it impossible to lose fat/weight on maintenance? I am just scared that while on maintenance if I gain muscle and I don't lose the fat then I will just look fatter.....

I was just thinking IF you can build muscle on maintenance can you also lose fat on maintenance? I hope this makes sense to whomever is reading:laugh: ...

Replies

• lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Hello:laugh: ? Thanks for any advice/info:flowerforyou: .
  • would be interested to know this too.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Can you lose the "last 10 lbs" by switching to maintenance and do heavy lifting with SOME cardio? Or is it better to stick to a caloric deficit and exercise? The reason I ask is because I want to tone up some more too. So, I was wondering if I can do both (tone & lose the last 10 lbs) while set to maintenance? Or is it impossible to lose fat/weight on maintenance? I am just scared that while on maintenance if I gain muscle and I don't lose the fat then I will just look fatter.....

I was just thinking IF you can build muscle on maintenance can you also lose fat on maintenance? I hope this makes sense to whomever is reading:laugh: ...
    I have heard it said that over time a slight deficit on cardio days will help you lose fat, and that you can on resistance days eat a slight surplus and gain muscle.

I am still researching this.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member

I have heard it said that over time a slight deficit on cardio days will help you lose fat, and that you can on resistance days eat a slight surplus and gain muscle.

I am still researching this.
    Maybe I will try it and see. Thanks:smile: .