Vanilla Protein shake recipies?

Options
sue567
sue567 Posts: 128
So i got a Vanilla Protein powder by GNC.. and i tried the instructions and it tasted awful ... :( .. If any 1 has some cool meal replacement recipes with this vanilla powder.. that would be awsome
any feedback is appreciated ..

Replies

• calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 1 scoop vanilla whey, 1 cup of frozen strawberries, and 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I usually have to add a few splashes of water in between blending to thin it out enough to mix up.

Delicious and keeps me full till my next meal.
  • doodlebug21
    doodlebug21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try Solgar brand. I like it better than GNC's
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Try adding it to oatmeal; that's my go-to breakfast. Vanilla protein powder tastes pretty good with oatmeal, even though the powder is gross on its own.
  • marphydoll
    marphydoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use it when making fruit smoothies and I like w/ any milk (soy, almond, skim) and shaken really well.
  • sue567
    Options
    Try adding it to oatmeal; that's my go-to breakfast. Vanilla protein powder tastes pretty good with oatmeal, even though the powder is gross on its own.

thats an awsome idea
  • sue567
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 1 scoop vanilla whey, 1 cup of frozen strawberries, and 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I usually have to add a few splashes of water in between blending to thin it out enough to mix up.

Dosnt almond milk has alike a lot of calories?? :noway:
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Dosnt almond milk has alike a lot of calories?? :noway:

No, not at all! 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk only has 40 calories. Not too bad! :)
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of the plain powder either, takes some getting used to, I used to chug the plain water/powder shakes.... and the ones that have better taste are ridiculously expensive!

Once a day I have a meal replacement after my workout... it includes 2 scoop chocolate or cookies/cream protein, 3-4 strawberries (fresh or frozen), heaping tbs peanut butter, and skim milk... I add crushed ice on top before blending to make it more "smoothie" like....

I'm not a fan of the vanilla, but adding fresh or frozen fruit will change the taste significantly... along with milk instead of water... or some milk, water, and ice to give it a little different texture... experiment and see what you like best
  • sissysoso
    sissysoso Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 of a banana , a handful of spinach and a little splash of coconut extract. It tastes like a pina colada and apart from the green colour - you wouldn't even know that the spinach was in there. The spinach leaves no taste at all.

It is like a secret serving of greens that you didn't even know about.
  • thehealthbunny
    Options
    I can't stand protein powder when mixed solely with water! I prefer mixing the powder with milk - usually either unsweetened plain almond milk (30 calories) or unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 calories) and 3/4 ice cubes. If you're looking for something to mask the taste of a protein powder - 1 tbsp of instant coffee will mask anything lol. 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk and 1 tbsp of instant coffee, ice cubes... almost like frapp and pretty low cal.
    If it's a meal replacement, try blending with a cup of milk and a frozen banana.
    Another one of my favorites is a coffee-peanut butter shake. 1 scoop of protein powder (I use cookies and cream but your vanilla will work too), 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1-2 tbsp of all natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp of instant coffee, 3/4 ice cubes.
    I've also mixed protein powder with plain greek yogurt and berries before, oatmeal, oatbran, sweet potatoes, etc etc. :)
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I use 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 of a banana , a handful of spinach and a little splash of coconut extract. It tastes like a pina colada and apart from the green colour - you wouldn't even know that the spinach was in there. The spinach leaves no taste at all.

It is like a secret serving of greens that you didn't even know about.

I like to make my smoothies with 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 cal/cup), frozen or fresh spinach or kale, 1/2 frozen banana & some frozen strawberries.
    I'll have to try the coconut extract! That sounds like a good addition!
  • sue567
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of the plain powder either, takes some getting used to, I used to chug the plain water/powder shakes.... and the ones that have better taste are ridiculously expensive!

Once a day I have a meal replacement after my workout... it includes 2 scoop chocolate or cookies/cream protein, 3-4 strawberries (fresh or frozen), heaping tbs peanut butter, and skim milk... I add crushed ice on top before blending to make it more "smoothie" like....

I'm not a fan of the vanilla, but adding fresh or frozen fruit will change the taste significantly... along with milk instead of water... or some milk, water, and ice to give it a little different texture... experiment and see what you like best

love the idea.. i dont vanilla either :( .. but whatever..
  • KFuerst27
    Options
    I use the Vanilla Cinch shake from Shaklee. Today my shake was 1 c. 1% milk, 6 ice cubes, 2 scoops of the powder and a packet of the Shaklee Pomegranate Energy Tea. I use my stick blender to mix it well. It was really good. I also like the vanilla with 1 cup of frozen fruit (and no ice) or with 1 T. peanut butter (with ice).
  • sue567
    Options
    I can't stand protein powder when mixed solely with water! I prefer mixing the powder with milk - usually either unsweetened plain almond milk (30 calories) or unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 calories) and 3/4 ice cubes. If you're looking for something to mask the taste of a protein powder - 1 tbsp of instant coffee will mask anything lol. 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk and 1 tbsp of instant coffee, ice cubes... almost like frapp and pretty low cal.
    If it's a meal replacement, try blending with a cup of milk and a frozen banana.
    Another one of my favorites is a coffee-peanut butter shake. 1 scoop of protein powder (I use cookies and cream but your vanilla will work too), 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1-2 tbsp of all natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp of instant coffee, 3/4 ice cubes.
    I've also mixed protein powder with plain greek yogurt and berries before, oatmeal, oatbran, sweet potatoes, etc etc. :)
    I tried with the cofee powder.. OMG it is yum.. like coffee shake or something...
  • kemb28
    kemb28 Posts: 4
    Options
    I use that and the strawberry as well. I always put in frozen fruit. Frozen cherries or strawberries and sometimes also add a 1/2 of a banana. I also put in flax seed because it adds a nutty flavor. Hope this helps!
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    1 Scoop Vanilla Creme Protein Powder
    1 Cup Vanilla Soy Milk
    1/4 Cup Water
    1 Banana
    2/3 Cup Frozen Strawberries
    2 tsp Flaxseed Oil
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Great ideas everyone! I just do the frozen berries, and banana with almond milk for meal replacements. I love the instant coffee idea! xx
    Sometimes instead of mixing water into them, I cool down green tea and use that instead for an extra kick in the mornin :)
  • hwalter1
    hwalter1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chai vanilla (my go to)
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    1 c. of unsweetened almond milk
    1 tbs of vanilla
    1/4 tsp of cloves
    1/4 tsp of ginger
    3 tsp of instant tea
    1/2 tsp of cinnamon
    1/4 tsp of ginger

shake together and it's delish.. i use Arbonne protein powder- it's vegan/gluten free etc.
  • KYMUSE
    KYMUSE Posts: 66
    Options
    If I have a shake in the morning it's vanilla w/ some frozen pineapple...I prefer chocolate if I have one in the evening and add a tablespoon of peanut butter:) I've purchased the unsweetened syrups (that you use when making coffee drinks) to add a little punch to them-carmel is my favorite.
  • hwalter1
    hwalter1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    or i'll do vanilla protein powder/ 1 c. of chocolate almond milk (I know it's higher calories, but in the morning/lunch, i'm not so worried about it since obviously overeating protein shakes is NOT my problem- HA!) and 1 TBS of Peanut butter.. shake it up and good to good...chocolate peanut butter... YUM