New Member....just saying hello!

Options
TaraDenise
TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
I am so happy I found this site today. I began my weightloss journey on April 8, 2009, and have lost 22lbs thus far. I've been looking for a calorie counter but had not found one that I liked until today. I may NEVER log off. :-)

224443.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    yeah I love this site too. :smile: Congrats on the weight loss so far. :flowerforyou: Good luck on the remainder of your jouney.
  • jude716
    jude716 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site. So easy to use. Good luck on your journey.
  • TaraDenise
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Eileen71
    Eileen71 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just found this site, too. I love having all the calories, fat, etc. counted for me! That's one of the reasons I've had such trouble keeping a food diary! Good luck!
  • eloisev
    eloisev Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started with myfitness pal, I've been on a weight loss roller coaster. My biggest downfall is not making enough time for me. This time I have set aside everything including dishes. I wash them on my lunch hour. Trust me the dishes can wait. I found out if you put your treadmill on 12% and set the speed at 3.3 you burn 773 cal in one hour, if you get on the eliptical and set it for 40 min and resistance on 5 you burn 400 calories, and last but not least I got the charlean by beachbody video and have done the stomach excercises, that alone was worth the price of the video. Look on craigslist and you can find someone selling it for cheap. I have been doing this for five days and have lost about three pounds and I can feel the difference in my clothes (not bad for 5 days). It is slow going but I know this is going to pay off. My daughter in law has been doing this about 5 times a week faithfully and she has dropped 14 pounds in three weeks. The only thing she has changed in her diet is no fried items with an occasional cheat. Once I start losing the pounds I will start to do the rest of charlean and I will let you know how it works. THanks for reading, hope this helps.

I am not quite sure how this works, I tried to send this but it looks like I went below all the old blogs so sorry if you see this twice
  • TaraDenise
    Options
    I just found this site, too. I love having all the calories, fat, etc. counted for me! That's one of the reasons I've had such trouble keeping a food diary! Good luck!

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I've been keeping a food diary for the past month, but wasn't really counting calories. My job provides me free access to a registered dietician for a year, and she has given my my nutrition prescription. When I plugged my info into myfitnesspal, I was so happy that the recommended numbers were just about the same. I was wondering how I was going to handle keeping up with calories, fat, sat. fat, sodium, fiber, AND cholesterol! Now I've found the way.

224443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TaraDenise
    Options
    I just started with myfitness pal, I've been on a weight loss roller coaster. My biggest downfall is not making enough time for me. This time I have set aside everything including dishes. I wash them on my lunch hour. Trust me the dishes can wait. I found out if you put your treadmill on 12% and set the speed at 3.3 you burn 773 cal in one hour, if you get on the eliptical and set it for 40 min and resistance on 5 you burn 400 calories, and last but not least I got the charlean by beachbody video and have done the stomach excercises, that alone was worth the price of the video. Look on craigslist and you can find someone selling it for cheap. I have been doing this for five days and have lost about three pounds and I can feel the difference in my clothes (not bad for 5 days). It is slow going but I know this is going to pay off. My daughter in law has been doing this about 5 times a week faithfully and she has dropped 14 pounds in three weeks. The only thing she has changed in her diet is no fried items with an occasional cheat. Once I start losing the pounds I will start to do the rest of charlean and I will let you know how it works. THanks for reading, hope this helps.

I am not quite sure how this works, I tried to send this but it looks like I went below all the old blogs so sorry if you see this twice

Thanks for the info. Congrats on the success so far. Remember to celebrate even the smallest victories!
  • melssyl
    melssyl Posts: 66
    Options
    This looks like a great site. I've only put on weight in the last 8 years. My job went from being very active to just sitting .... I have used personal trainers before and know how to loose weight. I knew I needed to be tracking information to get back where I wanted to be, but I am so busy that I just didn't do it, over ate and the weight just kept coming. I was looking for an electronic way to track the information needed and believe I have found it on this site.

Best to all as we travel this road together...
    Melssyl...
  • butterflyangel
    Options
    Hi there, discovered the site this week and lost 4 lbs in 5 days. Want to see if I can continue on and actually lose what I want this time around. Good luck all.
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! Wishing you great success on your journey. Pris :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: