Favorite oatmeal additions...?

Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    These Southern gents have never had cream of wheat or grits? They might have just been pulling your leg.

But biscuits and gravy is amazing--especially when paired with eggs and sausage (not together). Oh, those were the days!

I love getting crazy with oatmeal. Ever mixed it with cottage cheese? Divine!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

I'll have to try that one sometime, hehe.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

I'll have to try that one sometime, hehe.

Yep, I add cottage cheese to mine too! I thought I was the only one??

My favorite breakfast is 1/2 c. old fashioned oats cooked, add 1 T. Naturally More PB, 1/2 scoop choc. protein powder, and 1/4 c. cottage cheese. Sometimes I add frozen berries before cooking and sometimes I add sliced banana. Depends on how much carb I need. :bigsmile: Can't live w/out my oatmeal!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    unsweetened applesauce and a banana:bigsmile:
  • arceope
    arceope Posts: 6
    Options
    I eat Oatmeal for breakfast a lot during the week, it gives me energy on my workout days and helps me stay full longer. Since I eat it about 3 times a week I like to switch it up. Try adding cinnamon, fresh chopped apple and slivered almonds, sweetened with honey instead of sugar, or add vanilla extract, dried cherries and soy milk. You can try bananas, walnuts and honey with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. The combinations are endless. Hope you find one you like.
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    chopped up apples in the water that you're boiling for the oatmeal then after oatmeal is ready, cinnamon and raisins and then I put plain yoghurt and sprinkle powdered stevia on top. yum.