100-Calorie Chocolate Cupcake

Options
The 100-Calorie Chocolate Cupcake
Ingredients:

18.25-ounce box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
5 large egg whites (or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper baking cups.
Beat cake mix, water, fat free sour cream, and egg whites or egg substitute in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium speed and continue beating for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter between the 24 cupcake cups.
Bake for about 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Dust the tops of the cupcakes with powdered sugar using a sifter, sugar shaker, or wire mesh strainer.
Yield:
Makes 24 cupcakes

Nutritional Information:
Per serving: 98 calories, 2 g protein, 18.5 g carbohydrate, 1.8 g fat, .5 g saturated fat, .5 mg cholesterol, .5 g fiber, 200 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 16 percent.

Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm! They sound so good! Too bad I don't have the devil's cake mix at the house, or it would be on like donkey knog!:heart:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    mmmmm sounds SUPER yummy!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    hmm im looking for a recipe for my wedding.. .were having cupcakes instead of cake. Maybe i'll use this & trick the guest into a little more healthy cupcake hehe :laugh:
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    That sounds fantastic! I may have to try that sometime soon!
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    MMM, sounds awesome, i definitely have to try them! Do you use any icing? does anyone know any lower calorie icing? or recipe for icing?
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Yummmmm! They sound so good! Too bad I don't have the devil's cake mix at the house, or it would be on like donkey knog!:heart:

Oh I do!!! Sorry, don't hate me....:flowerforyou: :wink: I can't wait to get home tonight!
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Thank you this sounds great! Going to the grocery store tomorrow:
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    MMM, sounds awesome, i definitely have to try them! Do you use any icing? does anyone know any lower calorie icing? or recipe for icing?

You could use light whipped cream
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    oh thanks, thats a good idea!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    hmm im looking for a recipe for my wedding.. .were having cupcakes instead of cake. Maybe i'll use this & trick the guest into a little more healthy cupcake hehe :laugh:

just curious-

why do you descirbe these as healthy? is it because it is low calorie?
  • mellieking
    mellieking Posts: 27
    Options
    bump 4 topics :happy:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

just curious-

why do you descirbe these as healthy? is it because it is low calorie?

I was wondering the same thing. What makes them healthy?
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Oooooooooooohhh, I have to go to the store. :laugh:
  • joolesh
    joolesh Posts: 26
    Options
    I have made a frosting with
    FF Cream Cheese, vanilla and splenda. Not fluffy like a buttercream but it tasted good on a cupcake.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Great recipe. Mine come out to 30 calories 4 carbs, 1 fat and 1 protein. No fiber. Wonder if you could use yogart instead of sour cream? I might try with white of yellow cake. Let you knnow how it works
  • m_b_walton
    m_b_walton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :love: BUMP