How do you log abs?

Options
I did brazil butt lift tummy tuck video. It's mostly ab crunches and planks. How to log it?

Replies

• AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I log it as calisthenics :)
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Pilates?
  • soliver76
    Options
    I have those videos as well and wasn't quite sure how to log it either. Those videos kick my butt. Do you use a heart rate monitor to track the amount of calories you burned doing the video? I've thought about making it a new option under my cardio and just naming the options the titles of the videos and logging it that way.
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    also how do you log weight lifting when you use the machines at the gym?
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    HRM :p
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have those videos as well and wasn't quite sure how to log it either. Those videos kick my butt. Do you use a heart rate monitor to track the amount of calories you burned doing the video? I've thought about making it a new option under my cardio and just naming the options the titles of the videos and logging it that way.
    I just got a HRM and that's what I started doing. I created a manual entry called "General Workout (HRM)" and just log the time and calories in there.
  • 69sweetness
    Options
    Yeah, but How do you know the calories your burning ????
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    Yeah, but How do you know the calories your burning ????

with a HRM ( heart rate monitor)
    It will tell you calories burned.
  • 69sweetness
    Options
    Ohhh!!!

I need to buy one then, thanks for clarifying
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    I'm not an expert, so dont take my word for it, but I was told that strength training cannot really be measured with a HRM, because it's not cardio. You may get some cardio burn from it, but the benefits are longer term than the instant burn. I think we all need to have a chat with someone who actually knows. I'm really confused with this as well.
  • soliver76
    Options
    Those videos are designed to get your HR up and act as a combination of cardio and strength training. General weights probably don't go under the cardio section, but if you are doing circuit training or something like that where you are picking up your HR for an extended period of time could go under cardio. At least I don't see why it shouldn't.