new to the MFP and could use some tips

Options
Hello everyone, I am new to the MFP and so far have found it helpful. I am working on loosing 85 lbs before my wedding. I want to be able to enjoy my wedding and not be so concerned with my weight.

I have good success with my cardio but not so much with weights.

any tips on what I should be doing for strength training...and every woman's worst fear.... belly fat!!!

any new friends would be helpful!!!

thanks bunches

-sarah

Replies

• Lollliiipopzzzz
    Options
    Weights are soooo important! They make you look a lot leaner, but they also rev up your metabolism and make you burn more calories while you're not working out! Try workout dvds until you learn the proper form. If you don't do it correctly, you can injure yourself and you won't get results. Try Chalene Extreme, Jackie Warner dvds, Express Workouts with Gilad, etc. There are so many out there to fit any ability and style.
  • mrsbaileybrown
    Options
    I've been using resistance bands and yoga with the Wii fit. They say the best strength training is to learn to lift your own body weight. Its motivating me to lower my body weight (LOL).
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5 lbs.Hand weights are great for your arms (triceps and biceps) ... Light weight and high repitition. walking lunges and squats are good for your legs and simple walking is the best cardio. Keep it simple at first and you can't go wrong. Just work your way up from there... Good luck.