30...mom of 5 (animals)

Options
I just signed on to this website and am absolutely loving it (especially the mobile app). I had been pretty active on another site, but I found I needed more motivation and didn't like the mobile app.

So about me:

30 and married (we've been together 12 years)
Live in Denver
Looking to lose 10-15 pounds (maybe more)
I work out 4-6 times a week at the gym - Zumba, Yoga, BodyFlow, 30 Day Shred, weights....(tonight I actually managed to burn 1,081 calories - stoked)
I hate the scale, because I know my strength has increased over the past 8+ months of hardcore working out, but the scale stays the same. Tonight I even when up 10 pounds in all my weights on my arm workouts...so I know things are happening. Just need to burn off the fat layer.
I'm a vegetarian with sweet tooth. Okay, I'm a junk food addict. I've really been watching my eating for about 2 weeks. It is hard making big life changes. But, I think this will be the biggest change in my body...the working out I've got down and my arms are looking awesome - the belly & butt...not so much.

I just need a push, a support group....that's why I'm here!

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Im a mother of 3 ( animals)
  • austinsmom863
    Options
    HI. Im the mother of 1
  • BrandiD56
    BrandiD56 Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome.
  • karimiragliotta
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    I'm a mother of 2 animals :)
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live in Winter Park! I would suggest starting taking measurements - the scale is demonic.

Mother of 2 human children, 1 grown man child and 2 animals.
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I just signed on to this website and am absolutely loving it (especially the mobile app). I had been pretty active on another site, but I found I needed more motivation and didn't like the mobile app.

So about me:

30 and married (we've been together 12 years)
    Live in Denver
    Looking to lose 10-15 pounds (maybe more)
    I work out 4-6 times a week at the gym - Zumba, Yoga, BodyFlow, 30 Day Shred, weights....(tonight I actually managed to burn 1,081 calories - stoked)
    I hate the scale, because I know my strength has increased over the past 8+ months of hardcore working out, but the scale stays the same. Tonight I even when up 10 pounds in all my weights on my arm workouts...so I know things are happening. Just need to burn off the fat layer.
    I'm a vegetarian with sweet tooth. Okay, I'm a junk food addict. I've really been watching my eating for about 2 weeks. It is hard making big life changes. But, I think this will be the biggest change in my body...the working out I've got down and my arms are looking awesome - the belly & butt...not so much.

I just need a push, a support group....that's why I'm here!

Welcome! We seem to have some in common. (married, together 12 years) I am pretty new here too...was also on another site, but felt lost in the shuffle. I am a mother of 4+1 (I have 4, and my husband has one)....of the 2 legged variety! :) I have the same issue with scales, number never changes...but I know I am making changes! Today was arm day for us as well, and i went up in weights and beat some personal goals! Feels great doesn't it?! Now if only the belly would just automagically go away.......
  • rocknkitten13
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!! I have just invested in a tape measure and will be doing measurements tonight! Hooray!
    It was so great waking up and seeing all these friendly posts. :)

Glad to see other pet parents on here. No kids for us..now or ever (by choice)....so it is the 4 legged kind, which are high maint enough!