38, Mom of 2 in Illinois looking for fitness buddies!

Options
Hi all!
I am soon to be 39 and I'm determined to turn around my bad eating habits. I need to lose about 60 lbs but I am motivated to improve every day! At my best, I was at my target weight about a year after my last son was born 9 yrs. ago. I had lost the weight by eating healthy and exercising. But when I hit my target weight, I just didn't know what to do, so I started sliding back to junk food and not exercising. Back problems, and foot surgery did not help any. Now I know.... simply keep it up.

MFP is so inspiring because there are so many amazing people on here who are actually achieving their goals or working steadily towards them. I am always happy to have buddies who will help keep me on track and inspire me, and I'll do my best to do the same for you.

Replies

• Laurzaffle
    Options
    Hey! Im from Illinois too! I'll help you out and keep you motivated :)
  • gitzele
    Options
    Hi there!
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    31, single mom of a 9 year old.

I actually put my son in cross country this year so that I would have to go to the park at least once a week.
  • TattooedMomma86
    TattooedMomma86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!
    I'm also a mother of two and will be 26 this yr. I also have about 60 lbs to lose and i'm very excited to turn my life around and i know i can. I did it before, about a yr before i got pregnant with my 1st son. I stopped the soda (which is my major addiction) and started watching what i ate. I stopped snacking at night also a horrible habit i have and lost 50 lbs. I used pregnancy as my excuse and gained 60 lbs with my 1st son. After he was born i knew the plan was to get pregnant in about 18months so once again another excuse not to get healthy. I was still healthy but also gave into every craving i wanted.I got lucky with my 2nd son and i craved sandwiches and steak and only put on 25lbs. LOL well now 3 yrs later, 2 babies and 60 extra lbs i'm ready for a change.
    Just got started today on fitness pal and cant believe how easy it is to use. :smile:
  • pamollygram
    Options
    I will be one of your buddies. I need the help and support too. Its been a constant struggle for the past 13 years.... It all started when I moved to Minnesota from New Jersey. It took me a long time to adjust. I was going through alot of stress and ate my way through it.. so add me as a friend on here and we will support each other.. good luck to you
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello! I am a 34 yr old momma of 4, 40/50# to lose, in Illinois...sending you a friend request! :)
  • tjolley2much
    Options
    I would love to be your buddy as I am a 41 UGH y/o mom of 3 who has about 40 lbs to lose. BUT, I still haven't figured out how to send a friend request. Yep, I'm a little slow:)
  • tlbates
    tlbates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I recently had a friend tell me about this site. Kinda excited....I need to lose about 60 lbs also. Would love to a fitness buddy. I have 3 kids--18,16,14. I have let myself go.
  • cssm
    cssm Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi everyone I am also a mum to an 18 mth old, I'm 32 and live in Australia. Good luck with your journey this site is fantastic and I hope we can all motivate each other!!
  • CindySue73
    Options
    Hey there! I'm here in IL too...mom to 6 kids. Sending a friend request!
  • Karaya41
    Options
    Hi there single mom here of two not as young as the other gal's (42) but I be glad to be your buddy..:flowerforyou: