Six Months, -47 Pounds (with pics - UGH! LOL)

Options

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Have faith, & keep up the hard work. You will make it to May, & you'll be basking in your confidence on the beach :heart:
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fab job! I'm starting my journey today - you've inspired me!
  • naplesbum
    Options
    Wow! your body has changed SO much! Your doing a remarkable job. Love the pics. I am not brave enough to take pictures. Keep up the great work!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing! You can notice a major change in your overall body. Thanks for the inspiration!

~Marcy
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I'd suggest adding weights too. Muscles are great metabolism boosters.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Circuit type training (such as what is done on 30DS) burns a lot of calories fast. It is a mix of strength and cardio. I have had to modify many of the moves on 30DS to protect my knees but it is still revving up my metabolism.
  • fieldsbean
    Options
    Check out Leslie Sansone DVD's..you would think that walking in place is just not enough..but luckily she really gets you moving and invites you to "boost" for 2 minutes per mile which is just a way to get that heart pumping..I have several of her work outs and find her really fun, honest and she was at one point over 300 lbs..Good luck, never give up, NEVER SURRENDER.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    fantastic!! you have done amazing so far!!
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!! Way to go!!

PS I'm jealous of your lovely hourglass shape. :P
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Check out Leslie Sansone DVD's..you would think that walking in place is just not enough..but luckily she really gets you moving and invites you to "boost" for 2 minutes per mile which is just a way to get that heart pumping..I have several of her work outs and find her really fun, honest and she was at one point over 300 lbs..Good luck, never give up, NEVER SURRENDER.

i have lots of her dvd's too and LOVE them. i had no idea she was ever 300#! she is a master fitness coach, certified by many associations and such a great role model and encourager (not a word, i know).
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You look FABuLOUS!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    you look incredible! keep going! mix up what you're eating, add in some weights.

have you tried the 30ds? i've seen incredible results so far. :)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Mostly, I have been using the treadmill, doing a fat-burning routine that involves a slow walk on a steep incline followed by a run... the intervals vary, but the routine is the same. It was WONDERFUL, but right now, it seems to have flat-lined on me. I'm using a watch/heart-monitor to track caloric burn, and I have noticed that the same routine no longer burns NEAR as many calories as it used to (part of that is being lighter -- but I also notice my heart rate isn't getting "up there" the way it used to, either).

I just started doing Zumba on the Wii, and it was a good workout, but I am rhythmically challenged *lol*, so sometimes I get frustrated with the routines.

I need something that can burn mega calories in 45-50 minutes as I have a little one at home, and a 7 year old in school, so my days are busy... (I am sure ALL of you can relate to that in one way or another)

Thanks for all the compliments! :)

i cdn't hack zumba either and gave away my stuff. lol
    i am liking The FIRM express dvd collection. it was $104 and has a routine of cardio, cardio + sculpt, sculpt at four different levels. it's designed as a 4 week program. The workouts are 20 minutes--hard. Check out their website for more info.
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great job gorgeous:flowerforyou:
  • Idbigjohn63
    Options
    I'm no expert, But every thing I have read say's to mix up your work out. Your body gets used to the same work out and slows down the the fat burning or muscle toning, If you tread mill all the time same speed and time. Try faster speed less time or eliplticle for a while. Great job for what you have done
  • sveschak
    Options
    Maybe break up your treadmill rountine ...30 min say a 6 am and 30 min at 6pm (up to you of course)....I know how busy us moms can be, but it will pay off. Our metabolisms die down 12-18 hours after a cardio burn. So if you are getting a cardio in every 12 hrs. you will keep your metabolic rate going strong even in your sleep. :)
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Amazing job on your loss so far!!!!!!

Have you tried or looked into kettlebell workouts? They burn quite a bit in a short amount of time!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! If you are asking for suggestions, I want to share that I went on a 30 day Sugar Free Challenge. I gave up candy, cookies, pies, and cakes...anything with processed sugar. Of course, there are foods that act like sugar also...like white flour, (bagels and the like). Soft drinks are high in empty calories. I love that MFP has us fill in our food and exercise diary. If you see that you are eating sugar in any large amount, that could be the key to dropping the other pounds. Otherwise, I want to Congratulate you...losing 47 pounds in six months. I have my husband on a the "No Sugar Challenge"...and I see that he is dropping weight, but it has only been about three weeks. He needs to lose 50 at least...and if it takes six months...so be it!...again...CONGRATS!
  • Jlyn502
    Options
    You look great. Congrats on ur progress and you will shake those last pounds before you know it
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You have a nice waist! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!