Eating After Midnight lol

Options
Sooo I was wondering everyones thoughts on eating past midnight, I do know this isn't the best idea ever lol but id does happen

occasionally. My Question is, If you eat past midnight, and you have calories left from, the previous day.. would you log them on that

day or the next as breakfast?

Replies

• Chubbychild1
    Options
    I used to work 12 hour nights and would change my eating times at 7am,sleep and start over around 6pm to 7am,my co workers all had varying methods of madness to our diets and eating habits,so i think it would depend on lifestyle..now on days i have changed again lol!! whatever works
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    My body doesn't know what time it is. If I haven't gone to bed yet, then it's still the same "day", so to speak. So I always log after-midnight calories on the current day. (I do this regardless of whether I have calories left to use. Though I have been tempted numerous times to put it on the next day's log just so I don't look like I've gone over my limit. LOL.)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    if i havent gone to bed yet, i log it as the previous day.
    many many times i eat after midnight because i dont usually go to bed until 1am. i log it all along with whatever else i ate that day, under my "8pm until bed" section lol
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I log anything I eat before sleeping on the previous day. I'm usually up until 2-3am, so it's not 'the next day' yet in my brain. That's how I've always done it, on any diet/plan I've ever been on.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    NEVER eat after midnight.

(if you're a Mogwai)
  • rachelowow
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!! :)

Usually i dont eat anything after 12 its just my schedules been weird for last last few days and i had a headache so i logged it as breakfast!
  • rachelowow
    Options
    lol this took me a mintue to get haha.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I am hungry no matter what time it is. I'm convinced it doesn't really matter. Hasn't stopped me yet.
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think of each day being separated by sleep.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Personal preference honestly. just keep it consistent.
    If I eat after midnight I count it as a new day :]
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    NEVER eat after midnight.

(if you're a Mogwai)

And water, DEFINITELY stay away from water...
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I try to discourage myself from eating late...so I'll log it on the next day if I snack after midninght. When I do that I will usually be more careful to make it a small snack like one prune or an applesauce snack cup or half a mug of warm milk...it helps me sleep to have just that little bit of carb.:wink:
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    log under Gremiln time...hahaha
  • rachelowow
    Options
    lol i love this!
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    if I do I log it for breakfast. after midnight is a new day for me
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I eat after midnight every night. then again I work nights. And if you are up, why starve your body? I wouldn't sit down and have a tub of icecream but a yogurt, thats yummy...
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,921 Member
    Options
    Guilty! Sometimes I stay up until after midnight, so I can log my before bed snack on the next day, lol! Not a good idea because I'm already in debt for the next day.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    as for what meal it is? I changed my settings. There are 6 spots allowed here. I broke it down from midnight to 4 and 4 hour breaks from there. That way I can track what hours I eat stuff better and see what works for me. I don't have breakfast, as I never fast. I am not religious. I don't fast...
    I do try to have at least 1 4 hour spot without food in it, if I can sleep more than 4 hours that is...
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always eating after midnight. I tend to leave work around 10:30 pm so by the time I get home and cook dinner, it's midnight. I count my days as the time I get up until the time I go to sleep - not 12am-11:59pm. I would think either way would work. As long as you average the number of allotted calories per day.
  • mshidden
    mshidden Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Truth be told, I break my meals down by time. 7 to 10 am 11am to 1pm , , , 11 to 1am. Note: That 1:59am would still be 1am log time. But what ever you do track it the same way. But really it dose not matter, it the end it is simply for you to keep track.