Any good chocolate protein drinks?!

Options
would like to add a protein drink... Thought maybe I could get my chocolate fix with it too but wondering if some taste really nasty?! Are there any that are known for a better taste?! There are so many I honestly don't know where to begin!! Any advice is welcome! :-)

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    advice..is if you are a meat eater or master athelete there is no reason for protein supplementation. most who are meat eaters get plenty of protein a day..and if you want to use it as meal replacement..dont. eating is better.

i weight lift and i am a vegetarian, so i intake a protein drink only right after my workout, so help repair muscle damage, and encourage growth.

i use NOW sports whey isolate. its 25 grams of protein with only 120 calories and 2 grams of sugar. there are different protein drinks and powders out there. you just have to check the labels, because some of them, especially the cheap ones are very high in calories and sugars. i use now, dutch chocolate. it tastes good to me. i mix it with soy milk. i use it because i know its veg friendly and organic.

isolate is used directly after a workout for fast absorption. casein is used anytime, and is slow to digest, and gives a steady stream of protein. there are soy and pea proteins too.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells a good one... 14.98 and it actually tastes good. Pure Protein... 56g of protein for 2 scoops. Mixed with water, drink fast, not soo good... mixed with milk, yummo
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I guess I just want to make sure I'm getting enough to help my body build muscle... I've never used them or any supplements before lol
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just started using a whey protein shake, its gnc 28g of protein and only 2g of sugar.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Try Lisa Lynn Chocolate Protein Shake at lisalynnfitness.com. Pure Protein mix is very good as well. Both brands offer 25 grams of proteiin and really keep you full. They can be stirred or mixed via blender. I usually add about 4 ounces of cold cofee to get that mocha taste which is really yummy. Other times, I will add raspberries or blueberries.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    10-35% of our calories should come from protein.
    i do around 20 %..so i get about 80-100 grams a day.

if you are dieting to lose weight, you wont gain muscle. the best you can do is try to preserve it through heavy lifting and making sure you are eating enough to not lose muscle mass. (not drastically cutting calories).

to build muscle you need to eat above your maintenance and lift heavy weights. building muscle isnt easy, and just casual lifting here and there with little weight doesnt build muscle. if you eat at maintenance all those calories go to well maintaining your body and all its functions. to build or add anything(be it fat or muscle), you need to add more calories.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    From the numerous online reviews I have read, the Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate is supposed to taste good, I havent tried it myself though.

I use Musashi at the moment and it does taste good but probably not much help to you...
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have lost 45 lbs on Herbalife protein and they just came out with Mint Chocolate flavor.
    Kinda tastes like thin mints and, when frozen, like mint choco chip ice cream.
    Other chocolate flavors also.

It definately helps the daily coco craving!!
    An easy solution for breakfast and /or lunch.

I mix mine with milk and coffee for a Cappichino Royal. Yum!
    I can get you more info on request. It can also be shipped to you.

Cheers!
    Teerai
  • I love the chocolate smoothie from Starbucks. It has 20 grams of protein, and was a great way to feel like I was treating myself when I was severely limiting my sugar intake.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I really despise artificial sweeteners, and find the chocolate ones tend to be particularly bad. I've just ordered a new one to try (with natural sweeteners) so if it's any good I'll let you know! What I've found works best is buying chocolate soy milk (chocolate almond milk would work just as well!) and mixing unflavoured/unsweetened powder into that. I personally don't care about carbs, so I will take a hit in the sugar department rather than sacrifice flavour! Of course for that reason I never stopped eating real chocolate, and it hasn't hurt my progress at all.
  • jsteffen80
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard 100% Whey - Double Rich Chocolate

I like this quite a bit. Turns skim milk into really creamy chocolate milk when mixed in a blender or shaker. I get mine from bodybuilding.com.
  • ISTAYRIPPED
    Options
    Good old fashion chocolate milk! :smile: