In need of encouragment!! :)

Options
Heyyy =]
my name is courtney and I just started out today with this site. My goal is to loose 50 pounds by June...so I am in need of some motivation. I also would be a great motivator. So if you would like to add me that would be great!!
Any tips or recipes or exercises would be great!

Replies

• aiwich
    aiwich Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like :D
  • sunnysoul12
    Options
    Welcome, I am relatively new myself...20 days I think. Lost 8 so far and looking to drop 30 more so we could motivate each other!
  • welchmann
    Options
    Motivation is key and welcome!
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can add me... I have lost eleven lbs this last month but still have close to fifty lbs to go!!! Looking for friends to help out and help me
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    add me, I have lots to lose, I'm doing c25k, swimming and shred occasionally. I started properly mid December and its great!
  • Betmar83
    Betmar83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Courtney, Welcome!! I've been here almost a year now and have met a lot of great motivators and read a lot of amazing and inspiring success stories. I'm at the 45 lb mark but still have a very long road ahead of me, so, I too, need motivated. Feel free to add me if you like. A journey like this is always better when shared.
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http:// tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/1237/1717/12371717.png[/img][/ url] Created by MyFitnessPal.com -Free Calorie Counter

How do you add your ticker? I've tried to paste the link but it doesn't seem to work!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Don't try to change everything at once, it only makes it harder. Make small achievable goals, and keep moving forward. NEVER quit. Good luck and welcome!
    Also, try to have some fun!!
  • frillygurl
    Options
    HI, I'm new too!! :)
    looking to lose some poundage......and gain some awesome new fitness levels!
    add me too please! ;)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
    I am currently looking to loose about 30-35lb and am trying to fins as many fun exercise classes (sneak exercise - have so much fun you donn't realise how much you are going to ache the next day
    so far I hula hoop, pole dance and have just started aerial silks.
    I can't stick to going to the GYM or doing exercise videos so I have to make it something I want to do!

anyway that's my recommend!
    good luck and enjoy it!
  • emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!..I started yesterday..so far going well...have a few on my friend list...we all need motivation from time to time..good luck:smile:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Don't try to change everything at once, it only makes it harder. Make small achievable goals, and keep moving forward. NEVER quit. Good luck and welcome!
    Also, try to have some fun!!
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    Part of staying motivated is setting reasonable goals for yourself
    50 lbs by June is too big a bite.

We want you to succeed; this is not a race.
  • Wildy71
    Options
    Hi Courtney, I at 30 lost now. Ive been pretty good about exercising - started walking then jogging at least 4 times a week for min 30mins, usually after my kids were in bed which would be about when Id bust out the bag of ruffles usually. i have also been having a "cheat day" - friday is homemade pizza day and chips...and beer, but i usually go for a run on saturday now. good luck...find a weakness and replace it with a healthy switch.

paul