I know why my scale wont budge

Options
So I have been trying to figure out why my numbers are not where I think they should be and I have found my answer. I am pregnant. LOL Guess my number wont be going down anytime soon. So my question would be what is a good calorie intake while pregnant. I am currently doing 1200 a day and I have been either running for biking 6 days a week. I think I am okay to continue with my workouts since they are not high intensity but I would like to gain a healthy weight without going over board. I was about 20lbs heavy than I am now with my first and I only gained 32lbs with her. I am currently at 143. I am not looking to diet while pregnant but would like to have a goal to keep under with calories. I read that 300 more a day is all that is needed so if I up my calories to 1500 will that be enough?

Replies

• tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Ive heard the same thing. About adding 300 cals. But I would ask your doctor. Bump, I want to know..
  • kevgee
    kevgee Posts: 7
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

You'll be fine. Just take it easy. Your healthy eating & gentle exercise will really help you.

You will know what feels right for your body.

Good luck & best wishes with your pregnancy.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    1500 and exercising 5-6 times a week isn't enough.

Check with your doctor.

And Congrats!!!
  • spendsitwell
    spendsitwell Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will definately check with my doctor but I wont be able to see her for another couple weeks. I think I will be good until then. Nothing really happens for a few more weeks anyways. We are so excited and I just hope to keep in shape and continue on my healhty path. :) I plan to continue with MFP as a way of keeping track of what I eat and also to stay in the habbit of it so once I am no longer pregnant it will be like second nature to get back on track.
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Congrats on your lovely news!!

My sister had her first child recently :) She was told that if you are eating healthy, and maintaining then you do not need to increase your calories until you are 6 months pregnant. from 6 months onwards she was told to increase by 300 calories a day.

The old wives tales of eating for two is completely wrong :)

Still, check with your doctor or midwife as I'm not sure about if you should try to maintain on such a low intake as that when you are also exercising... unless you are well and truly eating back all those calories.
  • spendsitwell
    spendsitwell Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Right now I am on 1200 calories and then I eat back the calories burned, or most of them. I read that you do not need to ad any calories in the first trimester. So that makes sense. I also read on here that a lady just changed her setting to maintain once she found out she was pregnant and did great. I will see what my doctor says as well. Just curious to know if anyone else has been through this. LOL know what I mean? :)
  • feistymoon
    Options
    Will be very interested to find out what your doc says!

Congratulations :D

bump