Wii Fit Plus

Options
OK! Tell me what you think about having the Wii help you with your weight loss? I ordered Wii Fit Plus today. I am super excited!!! I love all the games on there that I can play with my kiddos. Also there are a lot of aerobic and yoga type workouts on there as well. Since it is wintertime and too cold to get all the kids out to walk with me (and they are always with me), I thought that doing the step aerobics on the WiiFit would be a great alternative to going out and buying an expensive tredmill. Can't wait for it to get here so I can really get started!!!

Replies

• gatecityradio
    Options
    I bought it for my mom and dad last christmas, my dad uses it on a daily basis and he has lost a few pounds and he said he feels stronger, but he didn't weigh much to begin with. It really focuses on balance and posture. One thing I will tell you is that it is very blunt during the weigh up and wii age test...if you have a weak point or weigh too much it will let you know.
  • spookystitches
    spookystitches Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really like it as a workout. Besides being a fun way to do some different exercises, it's a great way to get up and moving when there's bad weather, or you get home too late, etc... Try the free step. I like to do that for 30 min while watching something on TV and it's been a big help so far!
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    THANKS!! That's kinda what I thought about doing. My sister has a Wii Fit Plus and I have used it a little bit. I really like it. I think since I don't have access to a tredmill, the stepping will be an easy substitute. I can't wait to get started. Besides...it's got a lot of neat games my kids like to do, and of course....i do too!!!
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I need something to be blunt with me right now just to get my butt in gear!!! :)
  • xmissjasmine
    Options
    I have a Wii Fit Plus, and while there are aspects of it that can help with weight loss, in my personal opinion it's more for casual help than a hardcore workout. If you want something to jump start you then this is ok. But if you want a serious workout using your Wii, I recommend EA Active 2 for the Wii. It's 18 bucks on walmart.com comes with resistance bands, a heart rate monitor (to track your calories burned during a workout where as the Wii Fit only does a guestimate of what you've burned) and a leg sensor. It also has several workout programs and lets you customize your workout.

Just being honest, hope this doesn't offend!
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I really like it as a workout. Besides being a fun way to do some different exercises, it's a great way to get up and moving when there's bad weather, or you get home too late, etc... Try the free step. I like to do that for 30 min while watching something on TV and it's been a big help so far!

I do the 30 minute Free Step while I watch tv as well. I don't feel guilty about watching tv when I'm exercising at the same time.
    I have a Wii Fit Plus, and while there are aspects of it that can help with weight loss, in my personal opinion it's more for casual help than a hardcore workout. If you want something to jump start you then this is ok. But if you want a serious workout using your Wii, I recommend EA Active 2 for the Wii. It's 18 bucks on walmart.com comes with resistance bands, a heart rate monitor (to track your calories burned during a workout where as the Wii Fit only does a guestimate of what you've burned) and a leg sensor. It also has several workout programs and lets you customize your workout.

Just being honest, hope this doesn't offend!

I agree! I just got the EA Sports Active 2 and love it! It is a workout. I did the Wii Fit Plus for a while, but got board with the exercises. It is fun to play the games. I like the EA Sports Active 2 because it integrates new exercises into each workout. And it is challenging. You might look it to it as well.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've got both. I like to alternate them. I've lost 48 pounds with these and diet. Just make sure to check out the Rhythm Boxing, it burns a lot calories. I say to get the EA Active 2, too. I love both of them.
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like to do the hula hoops. You will feel it if you keep tring to beat your record. My husband likes the yoga I just got Zumba for the wii. My mom told me that horses sweat, men perspire and women glow. I must be part pony the way Zumba makes me sweat! It's fun too. I need more than one thing or I will get bored.
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    if your gettin the wii console, i totally recommend the personal trainer discs... they are amazing! admittedly its hard work, but tones you in the places us women want to be toned lol! i have literally this week just started the 6week challenge on there, and loving it!x
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think the wii fit is great fun. Hula hoop is hard work, and the weight balance ones are actually quite tough, really work your botom half
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    I have one, go to the gym most days. When I don't I may go for a wlak/run and then use wii fit. What ever happens, it is better than sitting on your backside.
  • rsolomonuk
    Options
    I have a wii fit and have found it to be a useful and convenient way to exercise, especially when I am short of time or for those days when the weather is bad and I can't face running round the park in the pouring rain. There is such a wide variation of exercises that you will never get bored. I really enjoy the boxing and the obstacle course. Make sure you vary your exercise routine or your body will become used to the exercises and you will find it isn't that effective.

Enjoy.